This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site surrounded by historic towns and monuments
- Three kilometres from the Dordogne river
- Two pools with waterslides; trampoline; tennis; pétanque and archery
This is a remote and peaceful place for remote and peaceful Dordogne hols… Domaine de Fromengal is a family-friendly site within easy reach of the Périgord Noir and the vineyards of the Périgord Pourpre, surrounded by forests and traditional French villages, castles and lakes – and farmers' markets stuffed with herbs, foie gras, pâté and other delectable foodstuffs from this part of Aquitaine.
Regional specialities are served at the Domaine de Fromengal restaurant for you to thoroughly try out the local cuisine at your foodie leisure, and there's a shop selling fresh local produce if you'd rather self cater. Leisurely days are sorted too, at the heated pool and kids' pool, tennis and pétanque courts, archery targets and a play area. A kids' club and a teens' club run during high season.
Around the site, you can drift by canoe along the Dordogne and Vezère rivers, investigate the ancient caves of the area, or potter about the old Aquitaine settlements nearby. It's all in a wooded valley a few kilometres south of Dordogne river, between Bergerac and Sarlat, and close to the commune of Le Buisson-de-Cadouin and its UNESCO World Heritage Site of Cadouin Abbey, once an important pilgrimage site as part of the route to Compostella.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Propane/gas cylinders available
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Nearby farmers' market
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Large (51-200 sites)
The nearby town of Cadouin attracted pilgrims including Richard the Lionheart and Eleanor of Aquitaine for over eight centuries because of its Middle Ages discovery of a piece of cloth thought to be the shroud of Jesus. This theory was, alas, debunked in the 1930s, but the town is still a top spot to visit for those into medieval and religious history, as the abbey is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, displaying the cloth and the story of the centuries of pilgrims in its museum.
The rock formations and crystalline sections of the Maxange caves are eight kilometres away. They were only discovered in 2000,; if you seek more ancient caverns, the world-famed and UNESCO Heritage Site caves of Lascaux and their Paleolithic cave paintings are under 50 kilometres from Domaine de Fromengal.
More old history can be delved into at Eyzies village and its National Prehistory Museum (22 kilometres) or at the medieval city of Sarlat (36 kilometres), a splendidly scenic place that's one of the most visited medieval towns in France. Closer to home, the English bastide and 13th-century town of Molieres is eight kilometres from Cadouin.
Bergerac, with its wineries and tobacco trail, is 35 jkilometres away.
- Does Domaine de Fromengal have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Domaine de Fromengal dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Domaine de Fromengal? The nearby town of Cadouin attracted pilgrims including Richard the Lionheart and Eleanor of Aquitaine for over eight centuries because of its Middle Ages discovery of a piece of cloth thought to ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Domaine de Fromengal?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8:30 p.m. Depart by: noon