This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful woodland site with cottages and century-old oaks
- Five minutes' drive from Calviac en Perigord and 15 from Sarlat
- Outdoor pool, snack bar and bar, play area and outdoor games
What a lush locale... The Dordogne's Les Chênes de Calviac is in handsome woodland made up of century-old oaks, five minutes' drive from Calviac en Perigord and the Dordogne river... and less than 10 kilometres from the fab old town of Sarlat.
If you have small energetic types in tow who won't give a hoot about cultural capitals, the Zoological Reserve of Calviac as well as a selection of river beaches are within a short drive. Or you could take them horse riding around the scenic Périgord Noir countryside, or to investigate the caverns of the mighty Lascaux caves... and they might just like the chocolate museum at Terrasson too...
Back home, you'll be bedding down in well-equipped cottages at your peaceful base, each sleeping up to six. Private parking is available at each, they all have fully-equipped kitchens, and you can sup alfresco at the small outdoor terrace with seating and a charcoal grill. Around the site, more munches can be had at the bar and snack bar: lingering encouraged...
In between days at Sarlat, the zoo, the beach, local hikes and Vézère and Dordogne river canoeing, stay on site for serene times too: hours in and around the pretty pool should see you sorted, or there's pétanque and a play area for more active options.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Propane/gas cylinders available
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
The site is 7km from SNCF Gare Sarlat and 20km form Souillac train station.
By car, take the motorway to Souillac then the small roads to the site starting 3km past Calviac, towards Sarlat.
Sports for all sorts are all around, from hiking and cycling in the countryside around the site to more intrepid adventures such as hang gliding and paragliding. Saint Vincent le Paluel five minutes' drive away has tree climbing and zipwiring at La Forêt des Ecureuils or the squirrel forest.
Medieval Sarlat is famed throughout France and beyond as a cultural centre and for its scenic old buildings: if this is your thing, the Benedictine abbey and cathedral should see you sorted, before a whizz up the bell tower elevator of the Manoir de Gisson for spectacular views of the town below.
If castles are more your bag, Château des Milandes and Château de Castelnaud-la-Chapelle are both half an hour away; to interest the kids, Château de Puymartin complete with ghost is within 20 minutes.
The Lascaux caves are half an hour's drive away.
- Does Les Chênes de Calviac have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Les Chênes de Calviac dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Les Chênes de Calviac? Sports for all sorts are all around, from hiking and cycling in the countryside around the site to more intrepid adventures such as hang gliding and paragliding. Saint Vincent le Paluel five ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Les Chênes de Calviac?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.