This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet site set on the peaceful and pretty shores of Pyhäjärvi lake
- A 25-minute drive to Pyhäjärvi and 4km from Vitikkamäki nature trail
- Beach access, waterfront saunas, boat hire, salmon pond and restaurant
Flying the flag for a fab foray to Finland is Marjoniemi Camping, in the centre of the country – this site with well-tended lawns skirting the banks of Pyhäjärvi lake is a top spot for a few days of peace.
Pitch up at this park a 25-minute drive from Pyhäjärvi, and just off the E4 highway for easy-breezy access, for a chilled-out time in a Northern European nation underrated by travellers. Find a bit of quiet while fishing for salmon in the pond, spread out on the beach while the kids paddle on the shores, and rent boats and pedalos to glide along the surface of the water.
Take a cooling dip from your vessel, then hire one of the lakeside saunas and immerse yourself in one of the most Finnish of pastimes: detoxing inside a wooden hut. If you’re bringing your own boat, a slipway is on hand for launching your craft into the water, and if you’re not a yachtsman but still want to bob about on the lake, cruises leave from the Marjoniemi harbour.
Other facilities aimed at amusement include a playground and an eight-hole disc golf course. There's also a Lappish hut fitting up to 20 people for gatherings, and sheltered barbecue areas are around if you'll be needing to grill up eats in a smaller group. Rather have Finnish fare or global grub cooked on your behalf? Head to the park’s manorhouse restaurant and peruse a menu that changes depending on the season.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
The area’s rural around this site, so nature’s your main source of entertainment here. Totter off on the Vitikkamäki trail, four kilometres away from Marjoniemi Camping, for a walk in the wilderness, or simply meander around the trees circling the lake at the park.
If you didn't manage to source yourself some salmon from the on-site pond, try your luck reel fishing, trolling or fly fishing in Pyhäjärvi’s recreational area – measuring around eight kilometres long, there’s plenty of space here for attempting to catch a specimen or two.
Beaches are also all around the area for sunbathing, including the popular Emolahti (25 minutes). To stay on your feet, the surrounding forests are filled with ripe berries and mushrooms for foraging in the right seasons.
If you’re around in the warmer months, potter over to Pyhäsalmen Suurlava (25 minutes) to take a look at one of the traditional women’s dance performances.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Marjoniemi Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Marjoniemi Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Marjoniemi Camping? The area’s rural around this site, so nature’s your main source of entertainment here. Totter off on the Vitikkamäki trail, four kilometres away from Marjoniemi Camping, for a walk in the wilderness, … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Marjoniemi Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon