This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Waterside site on the northeastern side of Kökar island
- Guest marina with fuel sales plus canoe and rowing boat hire
- Restaurant, bar, bike hire, saunas and shared kitchens/lounge areas
What's the deal with the Åland Archipelago? This Swedish-speaking part of Finland is made up of 6,500 beach-lined islands and rocky skerries, of which Kökar, where Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping is to be found, is among the most remote. (Sounds good, doesn't it?)
This waterside site, on the northeastern side of the island, is close to the ferry port in Munkvärvan. It's a nifty base for getting out for Kökar wanders, whether that entails heading off to the Bronze Age ruins at Otterböte or ambling along a five-kilometre trail in Kalen.
It’s also a fine place to settle if you’re here with a boat: the site has access to a guest marina that’s well kitted out with electrical jacks, water taps and a service pier (gas and fuel are available to buy on site). Weather forecasts and other info are displayed at the site reception to make navigation simpler. Canoes and rowing boats can also be hired at Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping, as can bikes for landlubbers.
Elsewhere around the site are facilities including a playground, a comfy shared lounge with board games and a bathing area where you can take a bracing dip after opening up your pores at the on-site sauna.
Barbecue areas and shared kitchens are on hand too, and there’s a bar-restaurant for those who like to take life easy. A convenience store is well stocked with essential goods and groceries along with local produce and treats like ice cream.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
Stroll down to Kökar church (20 minutes' walk), a simple but scenic stone building overlooking the sea. If all that open-air meditation has you in the mood for more spiritual times, journey on to the ruins at Hamnö monastery (also 20 minutes' walk), a medieval Franciscan haunt with an ancient seafarers' chapel. More age-old remains can be contemplated at Otterböte (10 minutes' drive), a Bronze Age settlement once inhabited by seal hunters.
Continue to Kalen nature trail (10 minutes), where you can watch waves crashing against rows of rugged rocks and seek out military remnants from the World Wars. If treks full of marine geology are right up your alley, book yourself onto a boat trip out to Källskär rock formation; it's a 10-minute drive to the boat launch from site.
If you've got time, consider catching the ferry out to Mariehamn, the lively capital of Åland – it's a 10-minute cycle or drive to the ferry port, with a crossing time of around two hours and 15 minutes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
A 15% non-refundable deposit is payable now.
The remainder is payable direct to Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkVisa
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping? Stroll down to Kökar church (20 minutes' walk), a simple but scenic stone building overlooking the sea. If all that open-air meditation has you in the mood for more spiritual times, journey … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Sandvik Gästhamn och Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime