This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic site next to the Drina river with organised rafting tours
- Foča within 35 minutes’ drive; Montenegro’s border a 15-minute walk
- Organic food restaurant, bungalows with ensuites, campfires permitted
The name of this site is indeed a dead giveaway: you can reckon on having many a watery adventure during a stay at Rafting Camp Tara 87 in the Republika Srpska, a park specialising in getting guests bouncing along the Drina and Tara rivers during organised tours...
Whether you’re a rafting regular or new to seeking adrenaline, these trips include everything you need for rumbling down rapids: first, dress in the neoprene suit, boots, vest and helmet, then have a safety chat, then... let loose on the river, to have a gander at waterfalls, dive in for dips and end up at a river beach near the site as the day comes to a close.
Food is provided (give organisers a head’s up if your veggie or have other nutritional needs), and health buffs might be pleased to know they can have traditional local food cooked up with organic, local ingredients at the site’s restaurant.
This eatery sits in a gorgeous green meadow full of fruit trees not far from the guest bungalows, wooden chalet accommodation with bedding supplied (so there’s no need to squish sheets into your suitcase) and ensuites or shared bathrooms.
Outside, there’s oodles of space for naps: have a snooze then set off for explores – being so close to the border with Montenegro, you can easily bumble between here and Bosnia and Herzegovina the whole time you're in the Balkans.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
The lush landscape around this site is ace for active types, with all sorts of stuff to see and do. Start with perhaps the region’s biggest draw, Sutjeska National Park (50 minutes’ drive), home to Europe’s last virgin forest. Hikers: hotfoot it to this pretty place for wilderness tramping with fab views; mighty Maglić, Bosnia and Herzegovina’s highest peak, lives here (an hour’s drive from the site).
Trnovačko Lake in Montenegro is a heart-shaped body of water at the foot of this mountain – a scenic spot surrounded by peaks for lounging by after a tough trek.
Aquatic days out a bit further from the park are available at Orlovačko, an hour and 10 minutes, while the sandy natural phenomenon of the Pješčane pyramids is around the same distance.
Craving urban life after all the oohing and ahhing at nature? Fit in some city times in Bosnia and Herzegovina’s capital Sarajevo about two hours away.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Depart by:||1 p.m.|
Rafting Camp Tara 87 cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 5 day(s) of arrival.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Rafting Camp Tara 87 have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rafting Camp Tara 87 dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rafting Camp Tara 87? The lush landscape around this site is ace for active types, with all sorts of stuff to see and do. Start with perhaps the region’s biggest draw, Sutjeska National Park (50 minutes’ … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Rafting Camp Tara 87?
On-site accommodation Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 1 p.m.