This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site set just off a beach with views over Lake Ohrid
- About a five-minute drive to Pogradec and an hour to Ohrid town
- Watersports, fishing, bar, restaurant and lakeside sun loungers
Have yourself a hol on one of Europe’s lushest lakes with a stay at Camping Victoria, just off a beach on the banks of scenic Lake Ohrid with sunbeds aplenty to lie back on during balmier days. This UNESCO-registered body of water marks a boundary between Macedonia and Albania, with the park sitting in the latter nation’s county of Korçë about a five-minute drive from the pretty town of Pogradec.
If touring the region's at the top of your itinerary, bikes are for hire from Camping Victoria. Use them to cart you off on a trip to the National Park of Drilon (20 minutes’ drive) for rests beside the clear-water springs that flow into Ohrid before traipsing along the town of Tushemisht’s cobbled streets right next door (and also 20 minutes away).
Nearer to the park is the traditional village of Memëlisht with its handful of restaurants a 10-minute walk away; an eatery and bar are also on site if you’d rather stay put when it’s time to snack and sup.
In fact, there’s no need to flit too far from this park for anything much at all – especially if your main aim is to lounge in the lake while gazing at mountain surrounds, fish for famed Ohrid brown trout or whizz across the water using the site’s sporty amenities.
If you do want to explore further, a little to the east (half an hour’s drive) is the much-visited Saint Naum Monastery just over the border in Macedonia, a postcardworthy place built from pink-tinged bricks with wandering peacocks in its grounds.
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
Ohrid is by far the most famed town in this region (an hour away from the park by car) and is celebrated for sights such as the much-snapped Church of St John at Kaneo overlooking the lake. First settled in the prehistoric era, it’s also the home of many other structures from days of yore, from the 10th-century Samoil's Fortress to the medieval Orthodox Church of St Sophia with its displays of religious art.
And if the sizable open-air amphitheatre built here back in about 200 BCE is anything to go by, the Greeks must have been fond of this area too...
When you’re not watching a performance at this buzzy venue or ambling around admiring the other architecture, beaches on the lake’s shores are worth hunting out. Locate the one you like best – perhaps Labino or Potpesh – slather on the sun cream and soak up the rays before returning home to Camping Victoria via the Bay of Bones Museum (45 minutes) for a glance at archaeological artefacts unearthed from the region's first settlements.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camping Victoria have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camping Victoria dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camping Victoria? Ohrid is by far the most famed town in this region (an hour away from the park by car) and is celebrated for sights such as the much-snapped Church of St John … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Camping Victoria?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: noon