This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Gently-sloping rural site in central Anglesey
- Menai Bridge and Beaumaris within a 20-minute drive
- A mile and a half from Llangefni's shops, cafés and nature reserve
Gently floating off the shores of the northern reaches of Wales, the ancient island of Anglesey is a splendid spot for a whole range of outdoor breaks. Ty'n Cae is a quiet site in the middle of it all, a few minutes' drive from the A5 and A55, putting a whole host of brilliant beaches, castles and villages within your reach.
Ty'n Cae is located in the small village of Rhostrehwfa, about a mile and a half from the slightly larger town of Llangefni where there are shops, cafés and pubs. Also in town is the Nant y Pandy nature reserve, a peaceful boardwalk through a wildlife haven where you can also join the gorgeous Lon Las Cefni cycle route.
Back at base, you'll be settling down on well-maintained grounds that are surrounded by wildlife and greenery. Ty'n Cae is the kind of laidback place where you can bring the family along (including the dog, if you've got one) and gather around a barbecue while the sun goes down…
The grass pitching field is set over a gentle slope and all guests have access to basic facilities including clean toilets (including composting toilets) and hot showers. Chemical waste disposal, charging and recycling facilities are also available here.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Linda was an amazing owner nothing was too much trouble. …
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
One-way flow for entering/leaving buildings
Removal of soft furnishings (e.g. decorative cushions)
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Staggered showering times
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
- Coach stations
— 13.1 kilometres
13.1 kilometres Bus Station — 14.1 kilometres
14.1 kilometres Port — 20.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Bodorgan Rail Station
— 7.7 kilometres
7.7 kilometres Llanfairpwll Rail Station — 9.0 kilometres
9.0 kilometres Ty Croes Rail Station — 10.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Holyhead Ferry Terminal
— 20.7 kilometres
— 13.4 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Nant y Pandy/The Dingle Nature Reserve: five minutes' drive
- Cefni Reservoir: 10 minutes
- Menai Bridge: 15 minutes
- Beaumaris Castle: 20 minutes
- Boat trips from Beaumaris: 20 minutes
- Penrhyn Castle: 20 minutes
- Llanddwyn beach: 20 minutes
- Llanberis Lake Railway: 30 minutes
- National Slate Museum: 30 minutes
- Portmeirion: an hour
- Caernarfon Castle (13.0 kilometres)
- Beaumaris Castle (16.1 kilometres)
- Penrhyn Castle (18.0 kilometres)
- Plas Newydd Country House and Gardens (9.2 kilometres)
- Aberconwy House (33.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Ty'n Cae have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Ty'n Cae dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Ty'n Cae? Local attractions and activities include: - Nant y Pandy/The Dingle Nature Reserve: five minutes' drive - Cefni Reservoir: 10 minutes - Menai Bridge: 15 minutes - Beaumaris Castle: 20 minutes - Boat … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Ty'n Cae?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.