This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful glampsite on a organic farm, 25 minutes' drive from the coast
- Pizza oven, chickens roaming free and eggs and fruit to collect
- Play area and communal cabin with games, books, stove and cooking area
You’ll love it. We do,’ say the laidback owners of The Yurt Farm in Ceredigion: farm yourself out here for a stay to see of what they speak.
This is quite simply a smashing site, between sea and mountains and set up to be as environmentally friendly as possible (think clean compost toilets, solar and wind energy, solar showers – and organic mattresses). Units are in their own private spots in a small hay meadow, shared with the farm hens; guests are also most welcome to explore the farm, meet the pigs, feed the cows and collect eggs to fry up over a campfire.
All accommodation is furnished using wood from the farm, with wooden floors, full kitchen kit, kingsize beds and woodburning stoves in each (and – a fab touch – the owners will arm guests with as much wood as needed to keep toasty warm). Another most excellent aspect of the site is the communal cabin, home to games, books, a large cooking area, solar showers, a woodburning stove and a squishy sofa; a play area with slide, sandpit and rope swing is just outside (as is a pizza oven for those who fancy an Italian-style supper).
The Yurt Farm is an organic working farm in west Wales, 20 minutes’ drive from the coast at Aberaeron, 25 from Lampeter and 35 from Aberystwyth. The nearest main town for supplies is Tregaron, 20 minutes’ drive from the site; a much-recommended gastropub is a mile down the road, and the farm sells its own produce.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amazing site with friendly hosts. Made us feel very welcome
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 20.1 kilometres
20.1 kilometres Penllwyn PO — 20.1 kilometres
20.1 kilometres Bus Station — 20.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Aberystwyth Rail Station
— 20.1 kilometres
20.1 kilometres Borth Rail Station — 28.7 kilometres
28.7 kilometres Cynghordy Rail Station — 30.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Porth Penrhyn Ferry Landing
— 53.7 kilometres
— 70.1 kilometres
By bus :
From Carmarthen catch the X40 bus directly opposite the train station to Felin-Fach. The journey will take between 1 hour and 1 hour 20 minutes.
From Aberystwyth you have two options depending on time. Either: catch the X40 or the X50 bus to Llanrhystud. The journey takes 20 minutes.
Or: catch the direct 588 bus to Penuwch. The journey takes an hour. Ask the bus driver to stop by Penuwch School. The site owners are happy to pick you up from either Penuwch or Llanrhystud, just let them know your travel times in advance.
So what do we have here then in terms of stuff to see and do? Well, there’s cycling down the old railway line to Aberaeron – hire bikes 10 minutes’ drive away near Lampeter – and crabbing at the harbour in this colourful seaside town. If the crustaceans are proving too elusive to catch for your supper, pick up some chips from one of the local takeaways and eat them hot and salty on the sand with ace views of the sea.
Look out for dolphins as you gaze out onto the horizon, or up the chances of spotting these oceanic mammals by moving over to New Quay harbour (35 minutes away); a 40-minute drive inland instead lands you on the Rheidol Valley steam train that chugs along to Devil's Bridge Falls.
The site owners also recommend the many sandy beaches within easy reach, and the walks, rivers, waterfalls and views of the Cambrian mountains, 20 minutes away.
- Llanerchaeron - National Trust (10.5 kilometres)
- Vale of Rheidol Railway (Aberystwyth) (19.8 kilometres)
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines - National Trust (22.6 kilometres)
- Dolaucothi Gold Mines (22.6 kilometres)
- Aberdeunant (39.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Yurt Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Yurt Farm dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Yurt Farm? So what do we have here then in terms of stuff to see and do? Well, there’s cycling down the old railway line to Aberaeron – hire bikes 10 minutes’ drive away … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Yurt Farm?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.