This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
John O Groats Caravan and Camping Site is situated on the main A99 beside the Last House in Scotland. It overlooks the Pentland Firth with views to the Orkney Islands. Beside the site there is the booking office for the passenger ferry to the Orkney Islands which offers trips daily to the islands.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Convenience store nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Reiss (Highland): B876 Coach Stop
— 18.6 kilometres
18.6 kilometres Wick: Somerfield Bus Terminal — 21.8 kilometres
21.8 kilometres Thurso: Sir George's Street — 26.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Wick Rail Station
— 22.0 kilometres
22.0 kilometres Georgemas Junction Rail Station — 26.1 kilometres
26.1 kilometres Thurso Rail Station — 27.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
John O Groats Ferry Terminal
— 0.6 kilometres
0.6 kilometres Gills Bay Ferry Terminal — 5.1 kilometres
5.1 kilometres Burwick Sth Ronaldsay Orkney Ferry Terminal — 12.6 kilometres
— 20.7 kilometres
20.7 kilometres Kirkwall (Orkney) Airport — 36.4 kilometres
At the north end of the A99 beside the Last House in Scotland overlooking the Pentland Firth.
John O Groats Campsite is the only caravan and campingsite in the village of John O Groats. The nearest town is called Wick which is 17 miles away (which takes about 20 minutes to reach) and has a major supermarket (Tescos) and Agros, Homebase and various other smaller shops and craft shops.
The village of John O Groats has a petrol station which incorporates and grocery store, a hotel which serves meals and bar meals to non residents.
The Stacks of Duncansbay is accessed by both vehicles or by a stroll along the coastline from the caravansite. The Castle of Mey is 7 miles along the road and this was the castle that the Queen Mother resided in when on her vacations in Scotland. It is open to the public seven days a week.
- The Castle & Gardens of Mey (8.9 kilometres)
- Skara Brae (48.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does John O Groats Caravan and Camping Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is John O Groats Caravan and Camping Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near John O Groats Caravan and Camping Site? John O Groats Campsite is the only caravan and campingsite in the village of John O Groats. The nearest town is called Wick which is 17 miles away (which takes about 20 ... Read more