This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site a mile from Swanage: spectacular views over the bay
- Close to the Juassic Coast, Corfe Castle and Wareham
- Leisure club next door with pool, gym, sauna, bar and restaurant
Swanage, you say? For a summer sojourn on a peaceful park close to the dino and fossil hunting, beaches and watersports of the mega fab Jurassic Coast? Pass the bucket, the spade, the flippers… and all the beach, seaside and holiday bits you can cram into the car…
And if you’re at Swanage Coastal Park? Bolt on loads of exploring room, proximity to Dorset coast and countryside attractions, and spectacular views of the coastline and deep blue waters: this spacious green park covers 15 acres of countryside, with fab views over Swanage Bay and the Purbeck Hills below.
Time for outings? Swanage town is a mile away along an easily accessible path, Corfe Castle is five miles away, and it’s about half an hour’s drive from Swanage to Monkey World or Brownsea Island. Poole, Bournemouth and Dorset are all easily reached by the chain ferry: best be staying here for as long as you possibly manage.
As it aims to be a quiet place, Swanage Coastal Park doesn’t have a pool, bar or noisy entertainment, so is just the serene ticket for those seeking summer sanctuary or fleeing from nightly discos. Amenities are plentiful, including showers and toilets, a launderette, a washing-up area and ice pack freezing; pitches are non-electric, on grass overlooking the bay.
If between your Dorset exploring days you do fancy being a tad active, the leisure site next door offers day memberships to its health and fitness area, where there’s a pool, gym, sauna and solarium plus a bar and restaurant.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 1.1 kilometres
1.1 kilometres East Street — 6.7 kilometres
6.7 kilometres East Street — 6.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Poole Rail Station
— 12.6 kilometres
12.6 kilometres Parkstone (Dorset) Rail Station — 13.1 kilometres
13.1 kilometres Hamworthy Rail Station — 13.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Shell Bay Ferry Terminal
— 8.4 kilometres
8.4 kilometres Sandbanks Ferry Terminal — 8.8 kilometres
8.8 kilometres Brownsea Island Ferry Landing — 9.2 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 21.5 kilometres
The park is high up above the waters of Swanage Bay, just under a mile from the shops, bars and restaurants in town. There are miles of safe and clean beaches in Swanage too, as well as an award-winning pier, amusement arcades, boat hire, and access to the Jurassic Coast (Swanage is at its eastern end).
To explore the coast from here, get aboard a heritage train trip on the Swanage Railway, steaming along to the riverside town of Wareham (Monkey World!) via stops including Corfe Castle and the Isle of Purbeck’s Harman's Cross. If you’re up for hiking, explore by foot instead along a stage of the South West Coast Path, or take one of the shorter routes around the coast and the cliffs.
The most strenuous hiking stretch around here is the run of 12 miles or so to Corfe Castle (fret not, you can get the train back); for a shorter or more kid-friendly amble, try the Durlston Country Park clifftop trail, around the comely coastal nature reserve.
Also within easy day trip distance are Brownsea Island, Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door, Poole, Shell Bay, Sandbanks, Dorchester…
- Swanage Railway (1.1 kilometres)
- Studland Beach and Nature Reserve (6.0 kilometres)
- Corfe Castle (7.0 kilometres)
- Studland Beach and Nature Reserve (4.6 kilometres)
- Corfe Castle (6.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Swanage Coastal Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Swanage Coastal Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Swanage Coastal Park? The park is high up above the waters of Swanage Bay, just under a mile from the shops, bars and restaurants in town. There are miles of safe and clean beaches in … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Swanage Coastal Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.