Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Adults-only shepherd's hut site in the Blackmore Vale
- A 15-minute drive to Hambledon Hill; 25 minutes to Shaftesbury
- Firepit and gas or charcoal barbecue provided; walk to a village pub
What a spot Barkhill Shepherd’s Huts has, in four acres of paddock and surrounded by open Dorset farmland. That’s not to mention the far-reaching views towards Hambledon Hill, Compton Abbas and King Alfred's Tower.
This shepherd’s hut site has a seating area in the adjoining paddock, which is just the place to catch sunset. Inside the hut, there’s a logburner to keep the place toasty and a handy ensuite shower, toilet and basin. Kitchen facilities are also internal and they include a small gas hob, fridge and a cluster of kitchen utensils.
The outside space is pretty ace too. You’ll be set to soak up plenty of fresh country air around the open firepit, gas or charcoal barbecue and firewood facilities provided. There’s a seating area by the firepit and barbecue so you can get settled for any alfresco meals.
If you feel like eating out instead, just roll on over to Sturminster Newton (five minutes’ drive), which has a few pubs and eateries. The village of Okeford Fitzpaine also has a pub, which is just half an hour’s walk away.
Bookings must not be for more than 4 consecutive nights.
Group bookings of 2 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
Guests under the age of 18 are not allowed on site.
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
No cars/motorcycles at the site. All cars must be parked in the designated area.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality flashlight with them as parts of the park are unlit.
There is no reception building on-site: on arrival please contact the number provided on your booking confirmation.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Bluebird shepherd's hut
Max. persons: 2 x
Dimensions: 4.9m width x 2.4m length (16.0ft width x 8.0ft length) Calculated area: 11.9m² (128.0ft²)
|Max. persons||2 x
4.9m width x 2.4m length
(16.0ft width x 8.0ft length)
Calculated area: 11.9m² (128.0ft²)
|Year of manufacture||2021|
(1 x double bed)
Bathroom (1 x shower, 1 x toilet)
|Doona and pillows|
|Gas and electricity included|
|Kitchen corner or kitchenette|
|Shower room with WC|
|Dining table and chairs|
|No dogs allowed|
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (R), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated shower facility per glamping unit
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.1 kilometres
11.1 kilometres Virginia Ash — 11.1 kilometres
11.1 kilometres Queens Head — 13.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Templecombe Rail Station
— 13.8 kilometres
13.8 kilometres Gillingham (Dorset) Rail Station — 15.2 kilometres
15.2 kilometres Sherborne Rail Station — 15.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Poole Ferry Terminal
— 30.6 kilometres
30.6 kilometres Poole Quay Ferry Landing — 30.7 kilometres
30.7 kilometres Weymouth Ferry Terminal — 33.9 kilometres
Bournemouth International Airport
— 36.0 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Okeford Hill Bike Park (mountain biking trails): 10 minutes’ drive
- Hambledon Hill (National Trust site with an Iron Age hillfort): 15 minutes
- Blandford Forum (medieval market town): 20 minutes
- Compton Abbas Airfield (experience flights): 25 minutes
- Shaftesbury (market town with famed Gold Hill): 25 minutes
- Sherborne (medieval town): 25 minutes
- King Alfred's Tower (historic folly): 40 minutes.
- Hardy's Birthplace (19.7 kilometres)
- Kingston Lacy House and Gardens (21.3 kilometres)
- The Tank Museum (23.1 kilometres)
- Hardy's Cottage (19.8 kilometres)
- White Mill (20.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Arrive:||3 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
Barkhill Shepherd's Huts cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Barkhill Shepherd's Huts will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Cancellations due to COVID-19 for bookings made before 1 March 2022, can transfer deposits to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Barkhill Shepherd's Huts have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Barkhill Shepherd's Huts dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Barkhill Shepherd's Huts? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Okeford Hill Bike Park (mountain biking trails): 10 minutes’ drive - Hambledon Hill (National Trust site with an Iron Age hillfort): 15 minutes - Blandford Forum … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Barkhill Shepherd's Huts?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: noon
- How much does it cost to stay at Barkhill Shepherd's Huts? From R2 363,58 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability