This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Site atop Haldon Hill, surrounded by heather & gorse moorland
- Superb views
- Site is spacious and calm
Situated high above Exeter at the top of Haldon Hill, Exeter Racecourse Caravan Club Site is attractively surrounded by bright heather and gorse moorland. The location of the caravan park allows for superb views of the rolling countryside and an unparalleled feeling of space and calm.
For many, the first stop on their visit to the area will be historic Exeter and it's Cathedral Close, found at the very heart of the city. Excursions here offer the opportunity not only to absorb this famously historic site but also to indulge in a little shopping as well as a wide choice of restaurants. Visitors to the Exeter Racecourse Caravan Club Site seeking the best views Dartmoor has to offer will be delighted with a stroll up Haytor and Canonteign Falls, the highest in all of England. Also nearby is Haldon Forest Park with a range of walking, cycling and mountain bike trails as well as a Go Ape course for the adventurous. The caravan site also gives you easy access to scenic walks along the River Exe to the Quay. A car boot sale is held down at the racecourse every Sunday, so head down for a weekend bargain.
Even though the site is often used as a quick stop over, many members often enjoy it so much, they extend their bookings and take in the excitement of the stay for longer!
Exeter welcomes tent campers and has tent pitches available to both members and non-members. Pitches can be booked online or by phone - To do this and to find out further tent camping information, take a look at the Exeter tent camping page...
Please check the racecourse dates calendar for further race information.
Non-electric economy pitch discounts
For 2015, non-electric economy pitches are now available at a 50% discounted rate on this site - That's £1.50 per night (per capita fees still apply). You can find out more information, including which other sites are offering pitch discounts, on our non-electric economy pitch page…
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Touring and motorhomes
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Kenton (Devon): Coach Stop
— 6.1 kilometres
6.1 kilometres Exminster Bus Stop — 6.2 kilometres
6.2 kilometres Starcross: Rail Station Coach Stop — 8.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Starcross Rail Station
— 8.1 kilometres
8.1 kilometres Topsham Rail Station — 8.4 kilometres
8.4 kilometres Exeter St Thomas Rail Station — 8.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Turf Lock Inn Ferry Landing
— 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Topsham Lock Ferry Landing — 7.9 kilometres
7.9 kilometres Topsham Ferry Landing — 8.1 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 14.3 kilometres
At the end of the M5 continue onto the A38 (signposted Plymouth). At the top of Haldon Hill (steep) turn left (care required, sharp turn) at the signpost to Exeter Racecourse and then immediately right. Follow Caravan Club signs to site. Vehicles may cross racecourse between races. Note: both junctions off the A38 are sharp turns; care needed.
Historic Exeter and Catherdral Close
Shopping and restaurants
Stroll up Haytor and Canonteign Falls
Haldon Forest Park for walking, cycling, mountain biking and the thrilling Go Ape course
Car boot sale every Sunday
- Exeter Cathedral - Church of Saint Peter (9.4 kilometres)
- Crealy Great Adventure Park (12.6 kilometres)
- The National Trust Killerton House & Gardens (18.2 kilometres)
- A la Ronde (10.9 kilometres)
- Killerton: Clyston Mill (15.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Exeter Racecourse Caravan Club Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Exeter Racecourse Caravan Club Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Exeter Racecourse Caravan Club Site? Historic Exeter and Catherdral Close Shopping and restaurants Stroll up Haytor and Canonteign Falls Haldon Forest Park for walking, cycling, mountain biking and the thrilling Go Ape course Car boot sale every ... Read more