This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Frill-free coastal site 20 minutes' walk from Blackpool Sands beach
- On the edge of Stoke Fleming village; 10 minutes' drive from Dartmouth
- Spectacular views across Start Bay; a few minutes' walk from a pub
Stoke Fleming Rough Camping may raffishly claim to be a little on the wild side, and there's no denying that this simple site is free of frills, but you'll most likely find that your hols run rather smoothly at this peaceable Devon spot – with spectacular views over Start Bay, easy access to the South West Coast Path and a pub a couple of minutes' away to grease the wheels, these three green acres start to look rather appealing indeed…
This pop-up site doesn't have any toilet facilities (although you're free to bring your own), and there isn't a shower block either. The folk who run the place have a steward drop by three times a day, so do give him a shout if you've got any questions.
Stoke Fleming Rough Camping is in an agricultural location, set over two green fields on the edge of the village. The Green Dragon pub, village shop, post office and takeaway can all be reached in five minutes on foot. Because it's surrounded by high hedges, though, this secluded site has very little noise.
Dartmouth (10 minutes' drive) is a quick trip down the road, where there's an imposing castle and equally impressive estuary views. Blackpool Sands beach, a far-famed bathing spot, is a 20-minute walk away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Worth a try I preferred this rough camping to a campsite camping.
Basic campsite which was all we were after with an amazing view
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
No cash accepted on site
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
— 10.1 kilometres
10.1 kilometres Great Western Road — 12.6 kilometres
12.6 kilometres Bus Station — 12.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Paignton Rail Station
— 12.7 kilometres
12.7 kilometres Totnes Rail Station — 13.9 kilometres
13.9 kilometres Torquay Rail Station — 15.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Dartmouth South Embankment Ferry Terminal
— 3.4 kilometres
3.4 kilometres Kingswear Dartmouth Lower Ferry Terminal — 3.6 kilometres
3.6 kilometres Dartmouth North Embankment Ferry Terminal — 3.7 kilometres
Exeter International Airport
— 47.3 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- South West Coast Path: a few minutes' walk from site
- Blackpool Sands beach: 20 minutes' walk
- Dartmouth Castle: 10 minutes' drive
- Dartmouth boat hire: 10 minutes
- Kingswear ferry: 10 minutes
- Slapton Sands: 15 minutes
- Torcross: 15 minutes
- Dartmoor National Park: from 35 minutes
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park: 40 minutes
- Coleton Fishacre: 40 minutes
- Paignton Zoo Environmental Park (11.6 kilometres)
- Living Coasts (16.1 kilometres)
- Buckfast Abbey (22.5 kilometres)
- Coleton Fishacre (5.4 kilometres)
- Greenway (6.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Stoke Fleming Rough Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Stoke Fleming Rough Camping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Stoke Fleming Rough Camping? Local attractions and activities include: - South West Coast Path: a few minutes' walk from site - Blackpool Sands beach: 20 minutes' walk - Dartmouth Castle: 10 minutes' drive - Dartmouth boat … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Stoke Fleming Rough Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – Anytime Depart by: 10:30 a.m.