This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site near Combe Martin, with views over the coast
- A 15-minute drive from Ilfracombe and Exmoor Zoo
- On the edge of Exmoor National Park and a mile from the coast path
Silver View Camping is a peaceful site in an enviable Devon location on the edge of Exmoor National Park and around five minutes’ drive from the beach at Combe Martin.
Pitches here have fine views over the valley and out to sea; on a clear day you’ll get glimpses of Lundy island (which you can also visit on boat trips from Ilfracombe, 15 minutes’ drive away). The setup is all very eco-friendly and relaxed, rather like wild camping but with the added luxury of access to drinking water, compost toilets, a couple of showers and a rubbish/recycling point.
Campfires are generally allowed too for that true outdoor evening experience – the team here just ask that you consult with them first if planning a campfire or firepit, and pay attention to safety (raising your firepit off the ground and making sure all the flames are fully extinguished before you leave it).
This is a handily located site for all sorts of days out – it’s about a mile from here to the South West Coast Path, and only a tiny bit further to kayak and paddleboard hire at Combe Martin beach (truly the way to explore, say the owners – and you might meet seals or dolphins along the way). There are plenty more walks and activities to be had around Exmoor National Park too, and plenty of ways to keep the kids amused with trips to Exmoor Zoo and the Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Brilliant site, pulled up to gate and was amazed at the views.
Basic but beautiful. Would recommend!
Excellent site with clean facilities, friendly welcome
Great location, friendly owner, clean facilities. Loved it!
would recommend to anyone
Stunning views, quiet location, warm showers and hot water
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Hand sanitizing stations
More frequent emptying of bins
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.9 kilometres
7.9 kilometres Bus Station — 14.3 kilometres
14.3 kilometres Opposite George Hotel — 15.0 kilometres
- Train stations
Barnstaple Rail Station
— 14.9 kilometres
14.9 kilometres Chapelton (Devon) Rail Station — 20.9 kilometres
20.9 kilometres Umberleigh Rail Station — 23.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Ilfracombe Ferry Landing
— 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Instow Ferry Landing — 20.8 kilometres
20.8 kilometres Appledore Ferry Landing — 20.9 kilometres
— 44.6 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park: five minutes’ drive
- Watermouth Castle: 10 minutes
- Exmoor Zoo: 15 minutes
- Ilfracombe (Tunnels Beaches, boat trips, aquarium): 15 minutes
- Arlington Court & National Trust Carriage Museum: 15 minutes
- Lynton & Barnstaple Railway: 15 minutes
- Woolacombe (excellent surfing beach): 25 minutes
- Barnstaple (for the Tarka Trail): 25 minutes.
- RHS Garden Rosemoor (30.3 kilometres)
- National Waterfront Museum (46.1 kilometres)
- Heddon Valley (5.9 kilometres)
- Arlington Court and the National Trust Carriage Museum (6.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||Anytime|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Silver View Camping cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
The site is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Bookings cannot be amended within 14 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Silver View Camping will debit the balance from your card 2 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 2 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.
Refunds within the indicated cancellation period are only possible if the site is able to relet your unit/pitch.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Silver View Camping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Silver View Camping dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Silver View Camping? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Combe Martin Wildlife & Dinosaur Park: five minutes’ drive - Watermouth Castle: 10 minutes - Exmoor Zoo: 15 minutes - Ilfracombe (Tunnels Beaches, boat trips, aquarium): … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Silver View Camping?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.