This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly glamping site with lake views in central Cornwall
- A 15-minute drive from the Eden Project; 20 minutes from Lappa Valley
- Fully-furnished units with a barbecue and picnic bench; pubs nearby
Dreaming of a break within reach of rainforest biomes, steam trains and historic gardens? From Southernhay Holidays, you’ll be in a good spot to fulfil your craving for the Cornwall countryside and its attractions without giving up the little creature comforts, as the family-friendly site is 15 minutes’ drive from the Eden Project and 20 minutes from Lappa Valley.
The glamping site is in rather a scenic spot with lake views. Here, you’ll also have the comfort of fully-furnished units – each with comfy mattresses, white-striped linen, bath robes and soft white towels. Handily, each pitch has its own barbecue and picnic bench too, so you'll be able to recount the day’s tales in peace and privacy.
Feeling fresh is part and parcel here, as there are hand sanitising stations around the site and well-maintained showers and toilets in the amenities block.
With the A30 one mile away, the site is well-connected to a fair few spots, including Padstow, Charlestown, Mevagissey, Newquay and St Ives. And when you’re just looking for somewhere to pick any bits on bobs you didn’t pack, there are food shops five minutes’ drive away.
Those of you who like to tune into a pub in the evening (whether to source home-cooked food or a nice pint) may also be happy to hear that there are several within five minutes’ drive of the site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
I really enjoyed the stay. Really well equipped and clean campsite.
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Deep cleaning of accommodation units between guests
Disinfectant sprays and wipes provided
Extra spacing in seated areas
Hand sanitizing stations
Individual rooms in toilet/shower/basin facilities
Shared spaces: daily deep cleaning
Shared spaces: more frequent cleaning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Priory House — 7.1 kilometres
7.1 kilometres Royal Talbot Hotel — 7.4 kilometres
- Train stations
Bugle Rail Station
— 2.5 kilometres
2.5 kilometres Luxulyan Rail Station — 3.6 kilometres
3.6 kilometres Roche Rail Station — 4.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Fowey Custom House Quay Ferry Landing
— 13.1 kilometres
13.1 kilometres Bodinnick Ferry Landing — 13.4 kilometres
13.4 kilometres Fowey Town Quay Ferry Landing — 13.5 kilometres
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 16.9 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Camel Trail (cycling trail): 10 minutes' drive
- Eden Project (rainforest biomes): 15 minutes
- Lappa Valley (steam train rides, boating lake and adventure playgrounds): 20 minutes
- Camel Creek Adventure Park (adventure park with family-friendly rides): 25 minutes
- Porfell Wildlife Park & Sanctuary: 25 minutes
- Par Sands beach: 25 minutes
- South West Coast Path: 25 minutes
- The Lost Gardens Heligan (historic gardens): 35 minutes.
- Eden Project (5.3 kilometres)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (13.6 kilometres)
- Lost Gardens of Heligan (14.9 kilometres)
- Trerice (19.3 kilometres)
- Carnewas and Bedruthan Steps (19.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Southernhay Holidays have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Southernhay Holidays dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Southernhay Holidays? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Camel Trail (cycling trail): 10 minutes' drive - Eden Project (rainforest biomes): 15 minutes - Lappa Valley (steam train rides, boating lake and adventure playgrounds): 20 … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Southernhay Holidays?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.