This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Youth hostel with pitches for small tents in a 100-year-old orchard
- A 15-minute drive to Kennack Sands and 10-minute walk to Coverack Cove
- Sea views, kitchen, dining room, barbecue area and wetsuit-drying room
Looking for a place to set up a small tent while off discovering Cornwall’s hidden coves and stunning beaches? Settle down on the century-old orchard in the grounds of YHA Coverack, a site on the Lizard Heritage Coast area that accepts tents of the four-man variety or smaller…
When staying at this scenic park with sublime sea views the hostel facilities – including a kitchen, dining area and an outdoor stone area for putting your own barbecue on – are free to use. Produce can be picked up less than a 10-minute walk away at a small shop in Coverack village, plus cafés and pubs are close by for snacks and meals.
If you’re using food to fuel your surfing, a roomy drying area is on hand at the hostel to hang up wetsuits after catching waves at Porthleven, the nearest beach with decent swell 30 minutes’ drive away. And if getting in the car too often on your Cornish expedition is a no? The South West Coast Path is minutes from this site by foot.
The small sand and pebble beach of Coverack Cove is a 10-minute walk and the whole area is prime for diving as The Manacles sit just off the coast, a cluster of dangerous rocks that have caused many a shipwreck.
A bigger nearby beach is Kennack Sands (15 minutes’ drive) if the kids are wanting space to build sandy forts, and pretty Lankidden Cove is reachable on foot from here in about a mile or so.
Tired out after days tramping in the sun, the site’s a scenic place to return to for a beer at the licensed bar.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Pitch has very slight slope for good drainage, grass cut …
From the manager...
Thanks for your lovely review :)
Cute little campsite with everything you need.
From the manager...
Thanks for your review. Guests using the campsite can also use all of the facilities inside the hostel.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
- Coach stations
The Moor B
— 14.9 kilometres
14.9 kilometres Seven Stars — 15.6 kilometres
15.6 kilometres Blue Anchor — 15.6 kilometres
- Train stations
Falmouth Town Rail Station
— 14.3 kilometres
14.3 kilometres Penmere Rail Station — 14.3 kilometres
14.3 kilometres Falmouth Docks Rail Station — 14.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Helford Village Ferry Landing
— 8.6 kilometres
8.6 kilometres Helford Passage Ferry Landing — 9.0 kilometres
9.0 kilometres Falmouth Ntl Maritime Museum Ferry Landing — 14.7 kilometres
— 32.4 kilometres
32.4 kilometres Land's End St Just Airport — 41.8 kilometres
41.8 kilometres Newquay St Mawgan Airport — 47.8 kilometres
Kids on a Cornish hol with you? Treat them to a go on the rides at Flambards Theme Park 20 minutes’ drive away (or at least take them to the Roskillys ice cream farm 10 minutes down the road).
Post-sugar rush, journey down to the Lizard Peninsula (25 minutes) for a section of wild coastline with top views down to gorgeous beaches like Kynance Cove.
Pretty Porthleven, with yet another scenic sandy beach and a fishing port that’s the most southern in Great Britain, is also worth getting the camera out for.
For arty times in a tiny town, St Ives is 50 minutes from the site to see the paintings at the Tate gallery or visit a museum and garden filled by sculptures, drawings, photographs and documents by Barbara Hepworth.
- Trebah Garden (9.6 kilometres)
- National Seal Sanctuary (11.3 kilometres)
- Flambards (13.9 kilometres)
- Glendurgan Garden (9.6 kilometres)
- Penrose Estate: Gunwalloe and Loe Pool (15.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does YHA Coverack have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is YHA Coverack dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near YHA Coverack? Kids on a Cornish hol with you? Treat them to a go on the rides at Flambards Theme Park 20 minutes’ drive away (or at least take them to the Roskillys ice … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of YHA Coverack?
Camping and touring Arrive: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.