This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, scenic rural site 10 minutes' drive from Camelford
- Within 20 minutes' drive of beaches and Bodmin Moor
- Tintagel Castle, Port Isaac and coast path within 25 minutes' drive
Peace and quiet? You'll find it at Swallows Meadow, a quiet Cornwall in the countryside 10 minutes’ drive from Camelford.
This small and simple site is owned by sculptor Linda, and you can see why she’d pick such a spot – there are stunning views over a lake towards Roughtor, and the surrounding meadows burst into bloom with colourful wildflowers in season. Linda’s preferred medium is wildlife and animalsculpture, and again it’s a fab place for getting ideas, as the surrounds are popular with otters, badgers, hedgehogs, buzzards and other creatures both land-based and up in the air.
Stacks of snazzy facilities might risk putting off such visitors, so things have been kept minimal on site – there’s a drinking water tap close to the pitches in the meadow, and it’s a short stroll to the main cottage for a shower and a couple of toilets.
Bike rides, boat trips, beaches and Bodmin Moor horse rides are all close by, as are coastal rambles and castle explores at Tintagel.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 14.8 kilometres
14.8 kilometres Priory House — 14.9 kilometres
14.9 kilometres Lidl Superstore — 15.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Bodmin Parkway Rail Station
— 17.1 kilometres
17.1 kilometres Coombe Junction Halt (Rail Station) — 21.1 kilometres
21.1 kilometres Lostwithiel Rail Station — 21.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Rock Padstow Ferry Landing
— 19.9 kilometres
19.9 kilometres Padstow Ferry Landing — 20.8 kilometres
20.8 kilometres Fowey Custom House Quay Ferry Landing — 28.8 kilometres
Newquay St Mawgan Airport
— 29.9 kilometres
From the A39, take the turning for Altarnum and Crowdy Reservoir. Continue along this road and over the cattle grid onto Davidstow Moor. Take the first right-hand turning, then continue past Crowdy Reservoir and go straight across the crossroads. When you come to a ford and bridge, go over the bridge and bear right. Keep on this road up the hill until you see Swallows Meadow at the top of the hill on your left. There is a large pull-in and the camping meadow is approx 20 metres further along on on the left.
Cornwall’s a cracking place for folk in search of outdoorsy activities – walkers can hit the South West Coast Path with a drive of 15 minutes or so, while cyclists can pedal along the Camel Trail (25 minutes’ drive) or National Cycle Route 3, which makes its way across Bodmin Moor. A horse riding centre is 10 minutes away in St Breward, and there’s an 18-hole golf course a similar length of drive away.
It’s also a county that (as you may have heard) has a rather fine stretch of coastline. With that comes more activity: perhaps surfing at Trebarwith (15 minutes), fishing or kayaking trips from Port Isaac (25 minutes) or wildlife-spotting outings from Padstow (45 minutes). Pick either of these last two and there’s also scope for following up with dinner at a celeb chef’s restaurant.
Sticking to dry land for a bit? Take a wander around Tintagel Castle (20 minutes) to hear tales of King Arthur and his antics, get all mystical at the Museum of Witchcraft and Magic in Boscastle (20 minutes) or wander among exotic environs at the Eden Project (45 minutes).
- Tintagel Castle (10.7 kilometres)
- Rock Beach (19.9 kilometres)
- Cornwall's Crealy Great Adventure Park (22.7 kilometres)
- Tintagel Old Post Office (9.7 kilometres)
- Lawrence House (21.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Swallows Meadow have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Swallows Meadow dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Swallows Meadow? Cornwall’s a cracking place for folk in search of outdoorsy activities – walkers can hit the South West Coast Path with a drive of 15 minutes or so, while cyclists can pedal … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Swallows Meadow?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.