This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Stays at a country pub with a restaurant in pretty Kent countryside
- Between Maidstone and Folkestone, half an hour’s drive from each
- A few mins’ drive from Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
Bed down at The Swan Inn for glamping stays in green countryside next to a gently flowing river in the grounds of a pub and restaurant on your next weekend away and have instant access to homemade food made from local ingredients after hikes in the gorgeous rural surrounds...
Munch on meals in the comfy interior or out at the riverside beer garden – whether you’re after Sunday lunches, afternoon teas or pub favourites like steak and burgers, these are all on the menu along with salads, fish, a good range of ales and plenty of choice for kids.
Stay up for the quiz night if it’s that time of the week or retire to your individually designed accommodation unit, waking up just in time for the continental breakfast (included in the price of your stay) when morning comes around. Bedding and bed linen is provided, along with heating, a coffee maker, an iPod dock and a shower room with toilet; a picnic table, seating and a barbecue are outside for eating alfresco when the weather’s being particularly kind.
If the rain holds off, take on a trek across the Kent Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty – the AONB is a few minutes’ drive from this pub in the village of Little Chart – or leave for Dover, 40 minutes, if your next destination is over the English Channel in France...
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Friendly owners and lovely quirky shepherds hut at reasonable prices
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
- Coach stations
— 7.4 kilometres
7.4 kilometres Tesco Crooksfoot — 10.6 kilometres
10.6 kilometres Tesco Crooksfoot — 10.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Charing (Kent) Rail Station
— 3.3 kilometres
3.3 kilometres Pluckley Rail Station — 3.4 kilometres
3.4 kilometres Ashford International Rail Station — 7.8 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal
— 25.4 kilometres
25.4 kilometres Dover Western Docks Ferry Terminal — 38.1 kilometres
38.1 kilometres Dover Eastern Docks Ferry Terminal — 38.8 kilometres
Lydd London Ashford Airport
— 27.3 kilometres
27.3 kilometres London Southend Airport — 43.7 kilometres
43.7 kilometres Kent International Airport — 44.4 kilometres
The Swan Inn is centrally set between Maidstone and Folkestone, half an hour’s drive from each if you fancy a wander around the shops of these cute Kent towns; for ambles in the countryside instead, the Stour Valley Walk takes you along the river through downland, woodland and orchards, and is accessible from Little Chart about a minute away on foot.
The Greensand Way can also be joined from the village for longer strolls on the 108-mile ridge running from Haslemere in Surrey to Hamstreet in Kent, but if you’d rather have someone else do the legwork, cantering about on the horses is possible from the equestrian centre a minute’s drive down the road.
For gentler trots on your own two feet, Ashford’s Victoria Park with its fountain and preserved gardens is 10 minutes’ drive; other market towns in the area include Hythe, 25 minutes, a coastal settlement on the outskirts of Romney Marsh with a beach, and you could also swing by the seaside at Whitstable (35 minutes) to sight the colourful shopfronts and have a go at catching crabs for supper.
- Ashford Designer Outlet (7.5 kilometres)
- Leeds Castle (13.0 kilometres)
- Kent & East Sussex Railway (13.9 kilometres)
- Stoneacre (16.3 kilometres)
- Sissinghurst Castle Garden (16.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Swan Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Swan Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Swan Inn? The Swan Inn is centrally set between Maidstone and Folkestone, half an hour’s drive from each if you fancy a wander around the shops of these cute Kent towns; for ambles in … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Swan Inn?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 11 a.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.