This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious 50-acre campsite bordered by Epping Forest
- Three golf courses within 10 minutes' drive; Lee Valley 15 minutes
- Half an hour's walk from the London Underground (Central Line)
Debden House Campsite is surrounded by Epping Forest and is a top spot for a camping getaway close to central London. Debden’s convenient location on the eastern fringe of the capital and within 30 minutes' walk of an Underground station makes this an excellent base for exploring Essex, London and the wider Home Counties.
Debden House Campsite is proud to allow open campfires. It's a spacious spot, with 50 acres of land stretching over seven fields (four of which are suitable for fires).
This area has been described as a hidden gem by many guests due to its natural scenery, with all the wildlife of Epping Forest easily accessible on foot.
This site welcomes one-night stays, longer stints, youth groups and organised events. Facilities include a shower block, toilets, a utility room, a coin-operated laundry and a vending machine selling cold drinks; wood is also available to buy. As part of Debden House Campsite's commitment to the environment, guests are asked to make use of the recycling points dotted around the pitching fields.
This is a generally safe and laidback site, with an on-site security team on call overnight for added peace of mind.
Open from 05/28/2021 to 09/12/2021
Tourist board rating
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Very large (over 200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
- Coach stations
— 11.8 kilometres
11.8 kilometres Romford Market — 11.8 kilometres
11.8 kilometres Bus Station — 11.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Chingford Rail Station
— 5.8 kilometres
5.8 kilometres Enfield Lock Rail Station — 7.4 kilometres
7.4 kilometres Brimsdown Rail Station — 7.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
East India Pier
— 18.3 kilometres
18.3 kilometres Woolwich Ferry North Pier — 18.5 kilometres
18.5 kilometres North Greenwich Pier — 18.6 kilometres
London City Airport
— 17.9 kilometres
17.9 kilometres London Stansted Airport — 28.2 kilometres
28.2 kilometres Biggin Hill Airport — 37.0 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Epping Forest: walking distance from site
- Three golf courses within 10 minutes' drive
- Lee Valley White Water Centre: 15 minutes
- Royal Gunpowder Mills: 15 minutes
- River Lee Country Park: 20 minutes
- Paradise Wildlife Park: 30 minutes
- Canvey Island: 50 minutes
- St Paul's Cathedral: an hour's drive/30 minutes on the Central Line.
- Lee Valley Regional Park (5.6 kilometres)
- Discover (14.9 kilometres)
- Museum of Childhood at Bethnal Green (17.7 kilometres)
- Eastbury Manor House (14.5 kilometres)
- Sutton House (15.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||11 a.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||10 a.m.|
Debden House Campsite cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
No cancellations or transfer of dates.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Debden House Campsite on arrival.
All bookings must be paid on arrival in cash.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Debden House Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Debden House Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Debden House Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Epping Forest: walking distance from site - Three golf courses within 10 minutes' drive - Lee Valley White Water Centre: 15 minutes - Royal Gunpowder Mills: … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Debden House Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.