This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glampsite with spacious bell tents on the edge of a private woodland
- Off-grid luxury getaways within a 10-minute drive of Ormskirk
- Firepits, tripods, outdoor seating and private toilets for each tent
Canalside strolls, woodland adventures, wildlife watching and hassle-free hols… all are easily to hand with a stay at family-run Watkinsons Farm Glamping set in west Lancashire a 10-minute drive from Ormskirk.
Let’s start with the fuss-free element of a trip to this swish site: it’s home to well-equipped bell tents, each on their own decking and with plenty of room outside for the whole family to roam about. Spending time in the open air is part and parcel of a glamping adventure here as each unit comes with its own firepit including a suspended grill and hot plate.
Settle down on the outdoor seating to sizzle up supper among spectacular countryside; if the weather’s less than kind, the site also has a communal undercover cooking area with gas hobs and a washing-up area.
And if – fingers crossed – the sun’s shining? The farm’s on the edge of a small ancient woodland for wanders and is under a mile from the Leeds to Liverpool Canal if you’ll be wanting to while away days beside the water. For animal antics, the Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust reserve of Martin Mere is a 10-minute drive and further afield the Lancashire coast at Southport and Crosby beaches are within half an hour.
Watkinsons Farm Glamping is off grid and doesn’t have mains electricity, gas or water. Each accommodation has its own luxury compost toilet and shares a hot gas-powered shower with one other tent.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
— 4.3 kilometres
4.3 kilometres Eastway — 10.6 kilometres
10.6 kilometres Westway — 10.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Burscough Junction Rail Station
— 1.7 kilometres
1.7 kilometres Hoscar Rail Station — 2.1 kilometres
2.1 kilometres Burscough Bridge Rail Station — 2.5 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Belfast Ferry Terminal Bootle
— 19.7 kilometres
19.7 kilometres Liverpool Isle of Man & Dublin Terminal — 22.9 kilometres
22.9 kilometres Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal — 22.9 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 27.5 kilometres
27.5 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 2 — 43.6 kilometres
43.6 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 44.2 kilometres
The lush Lancashire setting of this site means you might be wanting to spend all your time on a hol here out in the countryside, but alternative activities are easily accessible if you’re seeking more stuff to do...
Art aficionado? Set your sights on the creative displays at Cedar Farm Galleries (which also has a coffee shop and independent boutiques) 10 minutes’ drive away or travel further for Anthony Gormley’s chin-stroking ‘Another Place’ sculpture at Crosby beach (within half an hour).
If you’re not sure the kids will be impressed by such grownup affairs, wander over to Windmill Animal Farm (both 10 minutes’ drive) for petting sessions, a play barn, a ball pool and sheepdog demonstrations; creatures including ponies and birds of prey are also to be seen at Farmer Ted's Adventure Farm 20 minutes away, which has go-karts and a soft play area too.
And if particularly lively small humans still have more energy to burn? Long walks in the 250 acres of Haigh Woodland Park or on the shores of Southport beach, both 30 minutes away, are a good bet...
- WWT Martin Mere Wetland Centre (5.0 kilometres)
- Beacon Country Park (6.1 kilometres)
- Camelot Theme Park (10.1 kilometres)
- Rufford Old Hall (6.0 kilometres)
- Formby (17.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Watkinsons Farm Glamping have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Watkinsons Farm Glamping dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Watkinsons Farm Glamping? The lush Lancashire setting of this site means you might be wanting to spend all your time on a hol here out in the countryside, but alternative activities are easily accessible if … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Watkinsons Farm Glamping?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.