This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Riverside site set on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Devil's Bridge and Kirkby Lonsdale market town within 15 mins' walk
- Walking and cycling trails into the national park close to the site
Got your walking boots to hand? Slide them on and skedaddle over to award-winning Woodclose Park – on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, it’s close to some of the UK’s most sought-after scenery for strolls, with the Lake District National Park and the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty both less than half an hour's drive away.
Alongside ambling, cycling’s a fine pastime to indulge in here: hire bikes on site and hit the trails right from the grounds or simply stick to sauntering on the walking paths surrounded by spectacular countryside.
For a short jaunt, make a beeline towards the historic market town of Kirkby Lonsdale, 15 minutes away, and tour its speciality shops, tearooms, 17th-century inns and Norman church; an even quicker wander (five minutes) leads to the banks of the River Lune and the three ribbed medieval arches of Devil’s Bridge for fishing (just make sure to arrange a permit beforehand). On top of that, the local area brims with all sorts of outdoor activities – from canoeing and kayaking to sailing and horse riding.
Amenities at the site include an accessible toilet and shower block with hot water and a separate parent and baby washroom. A washing-up area and a launderette with washing machines and tumble dryer are also on hand, and free wifi is available.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lovely park, nice pod location great -really near to town …
Perfect place to stop for all kinds of tourists for the lakes & dales
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Tipis, yurts, or wigwams
Lake and/or mountain
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for caravans
- Coach stations
— 14.4 kilometres
14.4 kilometres New Street — 14.4 kilometres
14.4 kilometres St Michaels Lane — 17.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Wennington Rail Station
— 8.3 kilometres
8.3 kilometres Bentham Rail Station — 10.4 kilometres
10.4 kilometres Carnforth Rail Station — 14.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Fell Foot Country Park Ferry Landing
— 25.5 kilometres
25.5 kilometres Lakeside Windermere Ferry Landing — 25.7 kilometres
25.7 kilometres Heysham Ferry Terminal — 28.2 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 70.8 kilometres
Got a month or so to spare…? You might need a good patch of time to make the most of the excellent outdoor offerings in this part of the world – the site’s 20 minutes from the Forest of Bowland Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and half an hour from the Lake District National Park, so it’s unlikely you’ll ever run out of fells, crags and tarns to explore.
If cavorting at the coast appeals, that’s on the menu of attractions too: the Arnside and Silverdale Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty is 20 minutes away for following specially set up arts and crafts trails or dawdling on the sands of Morecambe Bay.
Other aquatic activities nearby include walks around the Ingleton Waterfalls Trail (a 10-minute drive), or you may prefer a subterranean saunter around the White Scar Caves (15 minutes).
If all that sounds far too active for your laidback temperament, turn up at Hawes (35 minutes), deep in the Yorkshire Dales, to spend afternoons sampling the Wensleydale cheese produced here instead.
- Levens Hall & Gardens (14.2 kilometres)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (15.4 kilometres)
- Lancaster Castle (21.9 kilometres)
- Sizergh Castle and Garden (15.4 kilometres)
- Cartmel Priory Gatehouse (24.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Woodclose Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodclose Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodclose Park? Got a month or so to spare…? You might need a good patch of time to make the most of the excellent outdoor offerings in this part of the world – the … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woodclose Park?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 10:30 a.m.