This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small site in Coniston village for families and couples
- A 20-minute walk from Coniston Water; views of Old Man of Coniston
- Pubs, cafés and food shops five minutes' walk away
What a cracking Cumbria location this is: Coniston Village is just on the edge of the lovely Lake District village of Coniston, putting it within easy reach of both some splendid scenery and plenty of amenities to keep you fed and watered.
From here it’s a 20-minute walk to the shoreline of Coniston Water for waterside walks, boat or kayak hire and ferry rides to other pretty parts of the lake. There’s also easy access to plenty of other activities around the lakes and fells, including lots of walks (for both determined hikers and gentle strollers), mountain bike trails, treetop adventure trails and rather more down-to-earth days out at National Trust properties.
Filling up on food to fuel all this activity is pretty straightforward around here: a stroll of five minutes or so gets you to the village centre for some fine pubs and cafés, takeaway dinners or places to pick up picnic grub (including a supermarket, a butcher and a bakery).
This is a quiet site that’s all about the fresh air rather than tons of facilities – as such, guests are provided simply with portable toilets and a fresh water supply. Vehicles are allowed on site (one per pitch) but guests are asked to keep movements to a minimum in order to keep the peace. Well-behaved dogs are welcome on site but they must be kept under control as there are several working farms around the village.
Open from 07/13/2020 to 11/02/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great location and toilet facilities very clean.
Enjoyable site with excellent hosts
Excellent location, would be made better with washing facilities.
Great location, plenty of clean portaloos with toilet paper and …
Good option for a night or two. Would want more facilities for longer
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street
— 9.9 kilometres
9.9 kilometres Grasmere Coach Stop — 10.1 kilometres
10.1 kilometres Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 11.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Windermere Rail Station
— 11.5 kilometres
11.5 kilometres Foxfield Rail Station — 15.4 kilometres
15.4 kilometres Staveley Rail Station — 16.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Coniston Ferry Landing
— 1.2 kilometres
1.2 kilometres Waterhead Hotel (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 1.3 kilometres
1.3 kilometres Monk Coniston Ferry Landing — 1.6 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 107.9 kilometres
Attractions and activities nearby include:
- Old Man of Coniston: 10 minutes’ drive
- Hodge Close Trail: 10 minutes
- Tarn Hows (lake): 10 minutes
- Hill Top (Beatrix Potter House): 20 minutes
- Go Ape adventure park: 20 minutes
- Grizedale Forest: 20 minutes
- Wray Castle: 20 minutes
- Windermere: 20 minutes
- Brantwood (museum in the former home of artist John Ruskin): 40 minutes.
- Beatrix Potter Gallery (5.1 kilometres)
- Hill Top (7.4 kilometres)
- Brockhole - Lake District Visitor Centre (9.5 kilometres)
- Gondola' (1.1 kilometres)
- Coniston and Tarn Hows (1.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Coniston Village cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Coniston Village will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Coniston Village have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Coniston Village dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Coniston Village? Attractions and activities nearby include: - Old Man of Coniston: 10 minutes’ drive - Hodge Close Trail: 10 minutes - Tarn Hows (lake): 10 minutes - Hill Top (Beatrix Potter House): 20 … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Coniston Village?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.