This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Scenic site with basic facilities on the edge of the Lake District
- Five minutes' drive to Broughton-in-Furness; Coniston Water 15 minutes
- Spectacular west-facing views; a mile from the river Lickle and a pub
Bedding down at Upper Hoawthwaite is a straightforward affair – simply turn up at this small-scale site and pick whichever pitch you most like the look of. Once you've unpacked, feel free to light up a barbecue, sit back and take in those spectacular hillside views…
The facilities here are on the low-key end of the spectrum – portaloos (which are thoroughly cleaned daily) and drinking water (brought onto site in a large tank) pretty much cover it. It's true that staying in such a remote spot involves a few small trade-offs, but once here you may well be inclined to think that the ample space and far-reaching views over the Lake District more than make up for the lack of electricity.
From Upper Hoawthwaite it's a cinch to get out to some of the top bits of the national park, like Coniston Water (15 minutes' drive), the Old Man of Coniston (25 minutes) and Hawkshead (30 minutes). Fancy a change of scenery? The coast is also an easy 20-minute drive away.
The site is a mile away from Broughton Mills, where there's a family-friendly local pub and relaxing walk along the river Lickle. Broughton-in-Furness (five minutes' drive) has more pubs, a tourist information centre and a handful of independent cafés.
Open from 08/13/2020 to 11/01/2020
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great views Good ground Spotless toilets Broughton-in-Furness is a 5 …
Quiet site with lovely views.
From the manager...
The site is exactly as described and you the toilets all had hand sanitisers in when we cleaned them, you had our contact number why didnt you simply tell us the had sanitiser had run out or use the 2500 litre water tank to wash your hands like everyone else ?
It's peaceful and the views are stunning, the pictures when …
Good site with fantastic views
Amazing views! Would highly recommend!
Despite a lot of rain the previous week, the ground …
*first time camper* Nice secluded farm, with plenty of grass. …
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Check-in: self check-in (unattended)
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No hot water
No potable water point
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Small (11-25 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
- Coach stations
Grasmere Coach Stop
— 21.8 kilometres
21.8 kilometres Windermere: Rail Station Coach Stop — 21.8 kilometres
21.8 kilometres Ambleside: Bus Shelter, King Street — 21.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Foxfield Rail Station
— 3.7 kilometres
3.7 kilometres Green Road Rail Station — 5.9 kilometres
5.9 kilometres Kirkby-in-Furness Rail Station — 6.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Lake Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing
— 7.2 kilometres
7.2 kilometres Water Park (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 7.7 kilometres
7.7 kilometres Sunny Bank (Coniston) Ferry Landing — 8.1 kilometres
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
— 108.5 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Swinside Stone Circle: 15 minutes' drive
- Coniston Water: 15 minutes
- Hodbarrow Lighthouse: 20 minutes
- The Old Man of Coniston: 30 minutes
- Hawkshead: 30 minutes
- South Lakes Safari Zoo: 30 minutes
- Furness Abbey: 30 minutes
- Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway: 30 minutes
- Hill Top: 35 minutes
- Lake Windermere: 45 minutes
- Scafell Pike: an hour
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park (13.8 kilometres)
- Lakeland Motor Museum (14.3 kilometres)
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway (15.3 kilometres)
- Gondola' (11.9 kilometres)
- Coniston and Tarn Hows (13.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||4 p.m. –||8 p.m.|
Upper Hoawthwaite cancellation policy
No refunds within 1 week of arrival date.
Bookings cannot be amended within 10 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Upper Hoawthwaite will debit the balance from your card 1 week before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 1 week then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Upper Hoawthwaite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Upper Hoawthwaite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Upper Hoawthwaite? Local attractions and activities include: - Swinside Stone Circle: 15 minutes' drive - Coniston Water: 15 minutes - Hodbarrow Lighthouse: 20 minutes - The Old Man of Coniston: 30 minutes - Hawkshead: … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Upper Hoawthwaite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon