This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Glamping in luxury canal boats on a hillside at a working farm
- A 10-minute drive from Alnwick Castle and 15 from the coast
- Each unit includes a kitchen, bathroom with shower and outside decking
If you’ve always wanted to try canal boat life but you’re not too sure about the on-water aspect, Middlemoor Farm Holidays has a nifty solution…
The folk here have restored a couple of narrowboats, keeping their original features where possible while transforming them into comfy glamping accommodation. They’re set in the corner of a field on this working farm in Northumberland with smashing views out to sea and the Cheviot Hills.
Sheep, cattle and pigs are your main neighbours during a stay here and there’s more than 10 miles’ worth of private road to stroll in the surrounds. But while the park has a country feel, it’s hardly in the middle of nowhere: Alnwick is a 10-minute drive and the coast is 15 minutes away.
Sunbathe by the sea or back on site – each boat has a decked area furnished with seating for soaking up the rays (as well as the gorgeous views). A firepit with a starter pack of logs is provided to keep you toasty in the evenings and barbecues are permitted as well.
Inside, the barges have electricity, electric heating, hot water and TVs – so forgoing the home comforts won’t be necessary – and essentials like towels, bed linen and kitchen utensils are all included to help you travel light.
Rustling up meals is a breeze, courtesy of a kitchen kitted out with an electric cooker, fridge with a freezer box, a microwave, toaster and kettle, and the bathroom has a shower, sink and toilet.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
A quirky, clean and comfortable place to stay.
Great base to unwind. Plenty to do nearby.
Fab site and clean facilities
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
Alnwick Bus Station
— 9.9 kilometres
9.9 kilometres Seahouses (Northumberland): Memorial Bus Stop — 11.1 kilometres
11.1 kilometres Bamburgh (Northumberland): The Grove Bus Stop — 12.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Chathill Rail Station
— 5.1 kilometres
5.1 kilometres Alnmouth Rail Station — 13.8 kilometres
13.8 kilometres Acklington Rail Station — 22.2 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Tower Knowe Ferry Landing
— 58.3 kilometres
Newcastle International Airport
— 51.4 kilometres
Alnwick is your nearest point of interest while staying at this site. Set off for the market town (10 minutes’ drive) to mosey around the medieval castle, then drop into the gardens to peer at the collection of poisonous plants before having a cuppa in the treehouse café.
Browse the shelves of the popular second-hand bookshop in town to pick up a tome to take back for a read on your decking, following up a spot of shopping with visits to Bamburgh and Chillingham castles (both 20 minutes).
Switch things up a touch with a trip to a stately home – Cragside (half an hour) is a Victorian country house with gorgeous gardens and woodland to wander. Saunter around Seahouses (20 minutes) next, a sweet village with a harbour, then glide along on a boat trip to the Farne Islands.
In the right season, you’ll see sea birds, seals and dolphins enroute. Pick a tour that drops you off at Lindisfarne (Holy Island) for jaunts to the Priory Museum, St Aidan’s Winery and Lindisfarne Castle.
- Northumberland Coast (8.3 kilometres)
- Alnwick Castle (9.6 kilometres)
- The Alnwick Garden (9.9 kilometres)
- Dunstanburgh Castle (10.2 kilometres)
- Lindisfarne Castle (19.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Middlemoor Farm Holidays have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Middlemoor Farm Holidays dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Middlemoor Farm Holidays? Alnwick is your nearest point of interest while staying at this site. Set off for the market town (10 minutes’ drive) to mosey around the medieval castle, then drop into the gardens … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Middlemoor Farm Holidays?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 10 a.m.
The key will be in the padlock so you can arrive at your convenience after 3pm.Read more