This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful adults only touring caravan park, with coarse fishing,
- within walking distance of the village shop and pub,
- approximately 7 miles from the historic city of York.
Situated on the edge of the popular village of Wheldrake, the family run adults only caravan park enjoys a peaceful haven of parkland dedicated to coarse fishing and caravanning. The beautiful 1.5 acre natural looking lake provides stunning views throughout the season. Designed by the National Rivers Authority, the spring fed lake has superb water quality and is teeming with wildlife. Westerly Lake is stocked with roach, bream, tench, gudgeon, crucean carp, perch, chub to over 6 pounds, and large numbers of carp well into double figures. Fishing for caravan residents is from dawn to sunset.
All pitches have electric hook ups and are hard standing with grass for the awning area.
There is a toilet block providing free hot showers, with a washing up room which also contains tourist information.
The caravan park is just a ten minute walk from the centre of Wheldrake village, which has a small supermarket, post office and friendly village pub. There is a regular bus service to the nearby Designer Outlet and City of York.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Convenience store nearby
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Touring and motorhomes
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Small (11-25 sites)
Lake and/or mountain
- Coach stations
York: Askham Bar Coach Stop
— 10.0 kilometres
10.0 kilometres York: Rail Station Coach Stop — 10.3 kilometres
10.3 kilometres Stamford Bridge: The Square Coach Stop — 11.5 kilometres
- Train stations
York Rail Station
— 10.4 kilometres
10.4 kilometres Selby Rail Station — 13.7 kilometres
13.7 kilometres Wressle Rail Station — 14.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 49.2 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 45.0 kilometres
45.0 kilometres Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 45.6 kilometres
45.6 kilometres Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 46.1 kilometres
The York Designer Outlet is just a five minute drive away, with its Park & Ride buses running every ten minutes into the centre of York.
Wheldrake is close to the River Derwent and the Ings Nature Reserve.
A further three miles away is the Yorkshire Air Museum and York Maze.
The North York Moors and Yorkshire Dales are within easy driving range as too are the coastal towns of Whitby, Bridlington and Scarborough.
- Air Museum (3.3 kilometres)
- York Racecourse (9.1 kilometres)
- National Centre for Early Music (9.4 kilometres)
- Goddards Garden (9.8 kilometres)
- Treasurer's House (10.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Westerly Lake Fishing and Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Westerly Lake Fishing and Caravan Park dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near Westerly Lake Fishing and Caravan Park? The York Designer Outlet is just a five minute drive away, with its Park & Ride buses running every ten minutes into the centre of York. Wheldrake is close to the River ... Read more