This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Award-winning family-friendly riverside site on the banks of the Ouse
- A 15-minute drive to York city centre; bus and boat links from site
- Dog exercise area, fishing and small shop on site
Park up at Naburn Lock Caravan and Camping Park then throw away the keys – there’s no need to do any more driving once you’ve arrived. The family-friendly site is just 15 minutes’ drive from York city centre, and bus and river-based links are handily in place for getting about without being your own chauffeur.
On the banks of the River Ouse, and within easy reach of York, the site is well set-up for (mostly) car-free adventures. A bus stop at the park entrance brings guests into the city, it’s a 10-minute drive to the park and ride at York Designer Outlet – a must visit hereabouts for high-end spends – and a river ‘bus’ (operating on weekends) makes leisurely chugs into the centre smooth sailing.
If more peaceful days away from urban activities are needed, sticking around site should do nicely. Those comfortable sitting on river banks waiting for something to bite can pick up a fishing permit in reception and settle in, rod in hand, until bream, carp or perch start to nibble. And, biting and nibbling in mind, a small shop on site has essentials when peckishness sets in.
Hols without the entire family not cutting it? Bring the dogs along – the site’s got a dedicated area for exercising canine companions and there are bins dotted around for dog waste. Options for lengthier leg-stretching outings are nearby too: it’s a 25-minute drive to the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and 45 minutes to North York Moors National Park.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great spot to visit York or Selby. Would recommend.
good site with clean facilities
Only stayed one night. Great situation for York and designer centre.
Lovely site very clean shower blocks
excellent clean facilities
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
- Coach stations
Rail Station Stop J
— 7.0 kilometres
7.0 kilometres Rail Station Stop C — 7.0 kilometres
7.0 kilometres Bus Station Stand 1 — 10.9 kilometres
- Train stations
York Rail Station
— 7.0 kilometres
7.0 kilometres Ulleskelf Rail Station — 9.1 kilometres
9.1 kilometres Poppleton Rail Station — 9.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Hull Ferry Terminal
— 56.6 kilometres
Leeds Bradford International Airport
— 37.3 kilometres
37.3 kilometres Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 45.9 kilometres
45.9 kilometres Robin Hood Doncaster Sheffield Airport — 46.4 kilometres
The site’s less than 10 minutes’ drive from the York ring road, bringing some of Yorkshire’s must-visit attractions within easy reach. Be sure to start stays, though, a lot closer to home base with a jaunt into the city itself. The city’s a treasure trove for historical types, with explores around the famed Minster, shops along the Shambles, tours of the Jorvik Viking Centre, and internments in the Gaol and Castle Museum all highly recommended.
Those same history buffs will find plenty else nearby to appeal, with the Yorkshire Air Museum within 20 minutes, the spectacular Castle Howard estate and Lotherton Hall half an hour away, and the Eden Camp Modern History Theme Museum 35 minutes from base.
Anyone more keen on nature than on forays into the past will be well served with flower-filled rambles in the vicinity. It’s five minutes from the site to the cottage-style Stillingfleet Lodge Gardens (check dates before travelling) and 15 minutes to the National Trust’s Goddards House and Gardens, once home to the family behind Terry’s chocolate oranges.
Taste buds tingling at the mere thought of that chocolate? The York Chocolate Trail should yield satisfaction...
- York Racecourse (5.1 kilometres)
- Clifford's Tower (6.7 kilometres)
- York Castle Museum (6.8 kilometres)
- Goddards Garden (5.1 kilometres)
- Treasurer's House (7.5 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does York Naburn Lock Caravan and Camping Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is York Naburn Lock Caravan and Camping Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near York Naburn Lock Caravan and Camping Park? The site’s less than 10 minutes’ drive from the York ring road, bringing some of Yorkshire’s must-visit attractions within easy reach. Be sure to start stays, though, a lot closer to home … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of York Naburn Lock Caravan and Camping Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 5 p.m. Depart by: 11:30 a.m.