This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
- Well-maintained park on a scenic farm, family run for generations
- Set over five acres with countryside views from each pitch
- Between Bedale and Ripon: 20 minutes' drive from each
How would you like a Yorkshire Dales stay on a friendly family-run farm?
Have a look at Howgrave Hall Caravan Park: the amiable and hardworking team at this Bedale farm have been welcoming guests for generations, leading to a site that’s being constantly improved and where customer service, friendliness and spotless amenities are all taken as standard. (As are toasty flames and glowing embers: campfires and barbecues are both allowed.)
It’s all expertly overseen by Paul, who’s there on almost all occasions to welcome guests to their pitch and to share his extensive info on what to see and do – and eat and drink – nearby. And what might that be? Well, rather a lot... The Yorkshire Dales National Park is 15 minutes’ drive to the west, there are spectacularly scenic countryside walks straight from the farm, Ripon, Masham, Richmond and Lightwater Valley theme park are all within easy driving distance… and York is under 50 minutes’ drive for city sightseeing days.
The pitching part of the farm spreads over five acres of uncrowded green space, where every pitch has scenic views of the North Yorkshire surrounds. Among the well-maintained amenities are toilets, showers, disabled facilities, a washing-up area and chemical disposal; recycling is available on site.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site with clean facilities and lovely surroundings
Excellent site for all and such a lovely friendly bunch dogs loved it
Quiet clean and very friendly
Beautiful site with fantastic views. Such a good price too.
Very peaceful site, mainly level pitches with electric but no …
Lovely spot. Good value for money
Very good 4g phone signal.
Central location, value for money site with level pitches, friendly …
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Caravan storage facilities
- Coach stations
Bus Station Stand 1
— 7.5 kilometres
7.5 kilometres Market Place — 12.3 kilometres
12.3 kilometres The Angel — 20.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Thirsk Rail Station
— 10.2 kilometres
10.2 kilometres Northallerton Rail Station — 15.3 kilometres
15.3 kilometres Knaresborough Rail Station — 22.0 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Transporter Bridge South Side
— 46.4 kilometres
46.4 kilometres Transporter Bridge North Side — 46.6 kilometres
Durham Tees Valley Airport
— 34.7 kilometres
34.7 kilometres Leeds Bradford International Airport — 38.3 kilometres
Howgrave Hall is between Bedale to the north and Ripon to the south, both within 20 minutes’ drive of the farm.
Like many towns in this part of Yorkshire, Bedale’s a fine shopping town for local produce and specialities of all sorts: market days are on Tuesdays and the Bedale car boot sale is held every Saturday from April to October. Access the Wensleydale Railway at Bedale roo, on its 22-mile puff from between Leeming Bar and Redmire.
Heading south, Ripon is most famed for its cathedral, founded in the city in the seventh century, and for Ripon Racecourse, on a site where jockeys have raced since the early 18th century. A 10-minute drive out of town just inside the Yorkshire Dales National Park, is the spectacular UNESCO World Heritage Site of Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Park, a must-see if you’re anywhere in the region.
Even the kids should/might be impressed by Ripon and its surrounds; if not, zip speedily back up north for a day at Lightwater Valley Theme Park, home of Europe’s longest rollercoaster.
- Fountains Abbey (10.1 kilometres)
- Jervaulx Abbey (15.6 kilometres)
- RHS Garden Harlow Carr (24.9 kilometres)
- Fountains Abbey and Studley Royal Water Garden (10.1 kilometres)
- Brimham Rocks (17.3 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||8 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Howgrave Hall Caravan Park cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
Bookings cannot be amended within 3 day(s) of arrival.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Howgrave Hall Caravan Park on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Howgrave Hall Caravan Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Howgrave Hall Caravan Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Howgrave Hall Caravan Park? Howgrave Hall is between Bedale to the north and Ripon to the south, both within 20 minutes’ drive of the farm. Like many towns in this part of Yorkshire, Bedale’s a fine … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Howgrave Hall Caravan Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.