This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lovely setting with space to play, great base to explore Norfolk
Standing in the heart of Norfolk's undulating fields, Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite is a quiet site, right next to the Windmill tourist attraction. It is a good base for walking and cycling, with the nearest beach only 5 miles away.
The camping field is set between arable farmland, with very little passing traffic; you can often hear barn owls, little owls, pheasants and partridge, sparrow and many other birds and wildlife. There are also the owners' own sheep, goat, pony and donkey, making this park an ideal destination for a break away with your children.
Guests have free access to the tearooms and to the garden area, perfect for relaxing whilst the kids play in the games room or in the play area.
On site, you will also find a gift shop and a bakery, where kids can try their baking skills in the Children's Baking Corner (a small charge applies).
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Small (11-25 sites)
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
East Winch: Gayton Road Coach Stop
— 17.7 kilometres
17.7 kilometres King's Lynn: Vancouver Centre Bus Station — 18.8 kilometres
18.8 kilometres Middleton (Norfolk): Church Coach Stop — 19.4 kilometres
- Train stations
Kings Lynn Rail Station
— 18.6 kilometres
18.6 kilometres Watlington Rail Station — 26.2 kilometres
26.2 kilometres Downham Market Rail Station — 33.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
King's Lynn Ferry Landing
— 19.1 kilometres
19.1 kilometres West Lynn Ferry Landing — 19.2 kilometres
Norwich International Airport
— 49.8 kilometres
From King's Lynn, take the A148 as far as Flitcham and then turn off onto the B1153 which will take you all the way to Great Bircham. Follow the signs from the village to the Windmill.
Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite is a convenient base to explore Norfolk and its wealth of attractions. From farm parks to country estates there is plenty to do, whether you are staying for a couple of days or for a long holiday.
There are many local cafes and excellent pubs as well as good play areas. The beach is only 5 miles away from the site and guests can enjoy cycling and walking around the countryside lanes and farmland.
Snettisham Park, only 4 miles away, is a deer park and farm attraction with lots of activities organised throughout the day. There is also Houghton Hall, a lavish country estate with extensive gardens, built in the 1720s for Great Britain’s first Prime Minister, Sir Robert Walpole. Sandringham Estate, Norfolk's royal retreat is also open to the public and is 4 miles from the site. The house, set in 24 hectares of stunning gardens, is perhaps the most famous stately home in Norfolk and is at the heart of the 8,000-hectare estate, 240 hectares of which make up the woodland and heath of the country park.
Families can also visit Farmer Freds with its spacious indoor play area and a great cafe.
- Houghton Hall (5.0 kilometres)
- Sandringham (7.8 kilometres)
- Holkham Hall (16.0 kilometres)
- Brancaster (12.0 kilometres)
- St George's Guildhall (19.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite? Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite is a convenient base to explore Norfolk and its wealth of attractions. From farm parks to country estates there is plenty to do, whether you are staying ... Read more
When can I check in and check out of Bircham Windmill Caravan and Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
Reception is unmanned after 5pm. Please contact the campsite using the details provided in the booking confirmation email to receive information about your unit.Read more