This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Very peaceful camp site with only red kites and rabbits around.
- A 30-minute drive to Ludlow; 15 minutes from Tenbury Wells shops
- Peaceful grass pitches on a hilltop site, with real-ale pubs nearby
If you’re after total peace and quiet, this could be the spot for you. Hanley Orchards is a small and friendly wild camping site in the little village of Hanley Child in Worcestershire – and well-behaved dogs are welcome too. If you potter around quietly on site, you’ll probably catch sight of the resident red kite circling overhead.
With glorious views out across the Teme Valley from the hilltop camping field, you’ll really get that off-grid, alone in nature vibe (although a toilet block is part of the deal too).
Out and about exploring the Teme Valley (there are routes for walkers, cyclists and drivers), you’ll be rewarded with magnificent views across to the Welsh Marches and the rugged hill of Hay Bluff. There are cute, half-timbered towns like Ludlow to explore, and an abundance of defence castles along the Welsh borderlands to investigate.
Secluded Hanley Orchards may be, but it’s actually only 10 minutes’ walk from the village with its selection of excellent foodie pubs, one with a microbrewery producing Worcestershire real ales. At 15 minutes' drive, the market town of Tenbury Wells is your closest bet for shopping, with delis and fishmongers as well as a decent-sized supermarket.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Excellent site and very friendly service.
From the manager...
All good points and we will strive to do better next year.
Very relaxing site
peaceful lovely scenery
Really pretty views with cows in the next field
We saw ower once toilet needs cleaning every day pitches not to bad
Excellent quiet site, clean toilet and friendly owner.
Clean and tidy friendly gentleman
Capacity reduced to increase social distancing
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
- Coach stations
Crowngate Bus Station
— 21.4 kilometres
21.4 kilometres Lower Howsell Road — 21.4 kilometres
21.4 kilometres Co-Op — 21.4 kilometres
- Train stations
Leominster Rail Station
— 16.7 kilometres
16.7 kilometres Warrington West Rail Station — 17.0 kilometres
17.0 kilometres Ludlow Rail Station — 17.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 61.9 kilometres
— 49.3 kilometres
If you've brought the dog, the National Trust-owned Brockhampton (20 minutes’ drive) has wonderful walks (lovely in spring when the bluebells are out), while Witley Court and Gardens is a spectacular ruin surrounded by formal plantings and woodland paths.
It’s also worth checking out Ludlow (30 minutes), with a half-timbered, medieval town centre packed by pubs and restaurants, and riverside Bewdley (25 minutes) has pretty Georgian houses, traditional pubs and arty shops overlooking the Severn. Here, you can jump on a steam train for an expedition on the Severn Valley Railway between Kidderminster and Bridgnorth.
You’ve had your fun, so treat the kids to theirs. You can’t go wrong with the high wires at Go Ape Wyre Forest (20 minutes) or spending the day at West Midland Safari Park (45 minutes), spotting lions and zebras in drive-through compounds and riding coasters in the family-friendly Adventure Theme Park. Another hit with the kids might well be the annual Shelsley Walsh Hill Climb (15 minutes), if you’re here in August.
- Witley Court & Gardens (English Heritage) (10.8 kilometres)
- Ludlow Castle (17.6 kilometres)
- Worcester Cathedral (21.9 kilometres)
- Brockhampton Estate (10.4 kilometres)
- Croft Castle and Parkland (20.8 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||10 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Hanley Orchards cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
The park is not liable for any refund in the event of force majeure.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable direct to Hanley Orchards on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hanley Orchards have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hanley Orchards dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hanley Orchards? If you've brought the dog, the National Trust-owned Brockhampton (20 minutes’ drive) has wonderful walks (lovely in spring when the bluebells are out), while Witley Court and Gardens is a spectacular ruin … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hanley Orchards?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.