This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small, peaceful and well-kept site down a quiet gated country lane
- In Haunton, 15 minutes’ drive from Tamworth and Twycross Zoo
- Half an hour from Birmingham city centre, the NEC and Calke Abbey
Hide out in Haunton at Syerscote Meadow Camping and Caravan Site, a Staffordshire spot circled by countryside in a secluded setting at the end of a gated lane.
Despite being a doddle to access from the M42, there’s very little traffic along this road, so it’s stellar for strolling and cycling. One especially satisfying jaunt leads to a pub in the village of Wigginton, about four miles away, for wanders topped off with a pint or two.
If explores by car are on the cards, that’s no problem as the park is in a prime position for getting to Birmingham city centre and the NEC (both half an hour’s drive). Tamworth’s closer by at 15 minutes away and is well worth a visit for its splendid 12th-century motte and bailey castle overlooking open parkland, play areas, flower terraces and the river.
Back on base after dreamy days out, relax at the sheltered grassy area or by your levelled-off hardstanding pitch – each one is extra large, well spaced from its neighbours and comes with an electric hook-up point, tap and a drain for greywater. Travelling with a furry friend? Well-behaved dogs are welcome at Syerscote Meadow Camping and Caravan Site as well.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Leisure/theme park nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for caravans
Water hook-up points for caravans
- Coach stations
— 7.3 kilometres
7.3 kilometres Bus Station — 10.8 kilometres
10.8 kilometres Frederick Street — 11.2 kilometres
- Train stations
Tamworth High Level Rail Station
— 6.8 kilometres
6.8 kilometres Tamworth Rail Station — 6.8 kilometres
6.8 kilometres Polesworth Rail Station — 7.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Woodside Birkenhead Ferry Terminal
— 120.1 kilometres
East Midlands Airport
— 26.1 kilometres
26.1 kilometres Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 27.3 kilometres
27.3 kilometres Birmingham International Airport — 27.3 kilometres
Please only enter Syerscote Lane from the Haunton side as it's a single track lane at the other end.
There’s tons to do in and around Tamworth – a town known for its fab flower displays – including visits to Drayton Manor Park for the rollercoasters and animal attractions (20 minutes' drive). More creatures can be seen at Twycross Zoo (15 minutes), home to the western world’s biggest collection of primates; Sumatran tigers and snow leopards are also among the 500 beasts residing at this open-air complex.
For monkeying about with a wintery slant, wing your way to the SnowDome (20 minutes), a centre for indoor skiing, snowboarding and ice skating. Craving calmer times? Leisurely lopes are to be had around the National Memorial Arboretum UK Centre of Remembrance (10 minutes), a large outdoor spot honouring members of the British Armed Forces and civilians who died in wartime.
Kingsbury Water Park Nature Reserve (25 minutes) is a place that’s just as peaceful – potter around this 600-acre country park’s 15 lakes in search of birds and wildlife. Follow up with a gander at some of England’s oldest trees in the grounds of Calke Abbey, the National Trust-protected and Grade-I listed country house that served as an Augustinian priory from the 12th century until it was dissolved by that pesky king, Henry VIII.
- Tamworth Castle (7.6 kilometres)
- National Memorial Arboretum (7.9 kilometres)
- National Forest (8.5 kilometres)
- Letocetum Roman Baths and Museum (14.8 kilometres)
- Calke Abbey (17.1 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Syerscote Meadow Camping and Caravan Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Syerscote Meadow Camping and Caravan Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Syerscote Meadow Camping and Caravan Site? There’s tons to do in and around Tamworth – a town known for its fab flower displays – including visits to Drayton Manor Park for the rollercoasters and animal attractions (20 minutes' … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Syerscote Meadow Camping and Caravan Site?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: Anytime