This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Peaceful site overlooking River Severn and the Severn Valley Railway
- Dog friendly and a haven for hikers, cyclists and anglers
- Family friendly farm within 15 minutes' drive of Bridgnorth
If you’re anywhere by the River Severn – or in Shropshire – for your holidays, top of the to-do list should be a ride on the famed Severn Valley Railway, chuffing along on its 26-mile jouney from Bridgnorth over the border to Kidderminster in Shropshire. So how handy that it's within strolling distsnce of Woodcock Lodge Farm, in green countryside five minutes’ walk from the railway station at Hampton Loade.
This peaceful place on a working sheep farm is well placed for those who want to get around under their own steam too: National Cycle Route 45 and the 100-mile Jack Mytton Way run through the farm; Chelmarsh Reservoir and Eardington Nature Reserve are just under four miles to the north, and the Highley part of the Severn Valley Country Park is the same distance to the north east. And after all that, you may be chuffed to hear that the farm’s local pub is within walking distance…
Woodcock Lodge Farm is by the River Severn for waterside walks/picnics, and is firmly family friendly for days on the farm; children are welcome to come and meet the farm’s animals and ponies. They might like to assist with barbecue preparations too… a small selection of shops (and a public pool) are at the local village, and Bridgnorth is 15 minutes’ drive away.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Stunning views, friendly owner, level pitches. Really enjoyed our stay …
We will definitely be visiting again, thank you!
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
Dudley Bus Station
— 20.9 kilometres
20.9 kilometres Wolverhampton Bus Station — 21.5 kilometres
21.5 kilometres Bus Station — 22.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Kidderminster Rail Station
— 14.0 kilometres
14.0 kilometres Blakedown Rail Station — 15.9 kilometres
15.9 kilometres Stourbridge Town Rail Station — 16.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 83.6 kilometres
Birmingham International Airport Terminal 2
— 44.2 kilometres
44.2 kilometres Birmingham International Airport — 44.3 kilometres
44.3 kilometres Birmingham International Airport Terminal 1 — 44.3 kilometres
Start your Shropshire sightseeing off in Bridgnorth – also on the Severn Valley Railway – for its street market, indoor pool and handsome river views from its Low and High towns. A must-do is a ride on the Bridgnorth Cliff Railway, a funicular track between Low Town and Hugh Town, one of the steepest in the country; stop off for a picnic among the ruins of 11th-century Bridgnorth Castle at the High Town end.
More old structures are all around Shropshire too, such as Dudmaston Hall (20 minutes’ drive), Ludlow Castle (45 minutes) and Attingham Park Estate, 55 minutes away at Shrewsbury. The most famed historic attraction in the region is probably Ironbridge (30 minutes), a UNESCO World Heritage Site with a full 10 museums around its Coalbrookdale setting and the 18th-century Iron Bridge.
For outdoor days, have a hike around the handsome Clee Hills or wander around the Wyre Forest (both 35 minutes), or swing among the trees at the forest’s Go Ape, 25 minutes from the farm. Animal adventurers can take a trip to the West Midlands Safari Park (30 minutes), as well as Rays Farm Country Matters at Billingsley (10 minutes), more suited to smaller explorers
- Much Wenlock Priory (18.1 kilometres)
- Enginuity (18.5 kilometres)
- Ironbridge Gorge Museums (18.8 kilometres)
- Dudmaston Estate (2.5 kilometres)
- Kinver Edge and the Rock Houses (9.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Woodcock Lodge Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Woodcock Lodge Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Woodcock Lodge Farm? Start your Shropshire sightseeing off in Bridgnorth – also on the Severn Valley Railway – for its street market, indoor pool and handsome river views from its Low and High towns. A … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Woodcock Lodge Farm?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Depart by: noon