This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Lodge accommodation 15 minutes' drive from Tenbury Wells
- Quad trekking, adventure course and safari park all within 16 miles
- Private patio, barbecue, table, chairs and hot tub with each lodge
A lodge of one's own? In a secluded meadow full of wildflowers... and next to a fine old village pub and surrounded by the wooded hills of Herefordshire? That sounds rather splendid, no?
Have the lot at The Lodges at the Baiting House, lodge accommodation dotted around a big private field next to an award-winning inn in the village of Upper Sapey, about 15 minutes' drive from Tenbury Wells. It's an top base to explore a region full of old market towns, orchard trails, museums and stately homes, and there are plenty of activities in the local area such as a treetop adventure course, a quad trekking site, distillery, farm and orchard tours and a steam railway.
Each self-contained lodge sleeps up to four adults (or two adults and two kids); open-plan living areas have sofa beds, and the separate bedrooms are kitted out with comfy kingsize beds. Outside, take in the views from your private patio and cook up alfresco feasts on the barbecue (just ask your hosts if you want them to supply you with the ingredients).
All linen and towels are provided, and lodge amenities include well-equipped kitchens, and private bathrooms with hot showers.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Lodges were spotless with everything we needed
Fantastic location, cute quaint pub, Friendly staff and overall LOVED!
Perfect romantic getaway!
I recommend to everyone who loves countryside as this is …
Yuki Ka Yan H.Confirmed
Fantastic would stay again
Ideal for a short break to get away from the busy world.
Everything!!! Brand new amenities, high quality of service, private hot …
The lodge and views were stunning
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
- Coach stations
Crowngate Bus Station
— 18.2 kilometres
18.2 kilometres Lower Howsell Road — 18.5 kilometres
18.5 kilometres Co-Op — 18.5 kilometres
- Train stations
Warrington West Rail Station
— 17.3 kilometres
17.3 kilometres Hartlebury Rail Station — 18.2 kilometres
18.2 kilometres Worcester Foregate Street Rail Station — 18.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Sharpness Old Docks
— 60.2 kilometres
— 46.6 kilometres
History is everywhere, but it's particularly thick on the ground here in Herefordshire: the medieval manor at Brockhampton Estate and the ruins and restored gardens of 17th-century Witley Court are 15 minutes' drive away, and it's half an hour to Berrington Hall and its Capability Brown gardens and the high ramparts of Ludlow Castle.
For a taste of the more recent past, take a trip on the Severn Valley Railway, whose steam trains puff through the fine surrounds between Kidderminster and Leominster (both half an hour from the site).
Ludlow is one of many ancient market towns worth visiting, not least for its reputation as a foodie mecca. For more gastronomic times, take a tour of the vodkas and gins being crafted at Chase Distillery (30 minutes) and sample the wares at Monkland Cheese Dairy, 40 minutes away.
If you're into active stuff, it's 20 minutes to quad biking at Peachley and zipwires in the Wyre Forest National Nature Reserve. The latter is fine walking country, and for bigger hikes, you can swiftly head to the Malvern Hills and Shropshire Hills, which start around 20 and 40 minutes from the site.
If the scenery's not wild enough, maybe you'll prefer the lions and monkeys at the West Midlands Safari Park, half an hour away, or meeting the owls, miniature horses, donkeys, goats and pigs at the Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Centre an hour away.
- Witley Court & Gardens (English Heritage) (8.4 kilometres)
- Worcester Cathedral (18.8 kilometres)
- Royal Worcester Visitor Centre (18.9 kilometres)
- Brockhampton Estate (8.3 kilometres)
- The Greyfriars (18.7 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Lodges at the Baiting House have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Lodges at the Baiting House dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Lodges at the Baiting House? History is everywhere, but it's particularly thick on the ground here in Herefordshire: the medieval manor at Brockhampton Estate and the ruins and restored gardens of 17th-century Witley Court are 15 minutes' … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Lodges at the Baiting House?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.