This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Smart shepherd's huts in the grounds of a 16th-century pub
- In the Peak District National Park, 10 minutes' walk from Hathersage
- Breakfast included; seasonal menu and local ales served at the pub
The Plough Inn is a friendly traditional 16th-century pub in the Peak District National Park, on the banks of the River Derwent and 10 minutes’ walk from the Derbyshire village of Hathersage (where there’s a train station for those travelling about by public transport).
Between the pub and the river is a generous nine acres of land, which houses a small number of smart and cosy shepherd’s huts. Each one has been kitted out with a small kitchen, an ensuite bathroom and a woodburning stove, along with a comfy double bed and all the bed linen and towels you require. There’s also a seating area just by each hut for alfresco evenings, and a TV inside for nights when you’d prefer to cuddle up indoors.
The shepherd’s hut kitchens have a microwave, kettle and toaster, but the main food action is over in the pub itself – home-cooked breakfast is served up every morning for guests (included in the price), and there’s a varied menu of grills, pastas and seasonal dishes available for lunch and dinner. Real ales are on tap for folk who like to sample local pints, and there’s a well-stocked wine cellar too.
Dogs are welcome to join you for your jaunt to the pub; you’ll need to keep an eye on them, of course, but the grounds are securely fenced so it’s not the end of the world if a mutt wriggles from your grasp and scampers off.
✓ British Sign Language (BSL)
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Super clean, friendly owners and staff, superb food and drinks
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
- Coach stations
— 11.7 kilometres
11.7 kilometres Hunstone Avenue — 11.7 kilometres
11.7 kilometres Buxton Road — 12.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Hathersage Rail Station
— 0.6 kilometres
0.6 kilometres Grindleford Rail Station — 2.3 kilometres
2.3 kilometres Bamford Rail Station — 3.3 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 90.1 kilometres
Sheffield City Airport
— 19.6 kilometres
19.6 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 41.6 kilometres
41.6 kilometres Manchester Airport — 41.7 kilometres
Activities and attractions nearby include:
- Ladybower Reservoir: 10 minutes’ drive
- Chatsworth House: 15 minutes
- Bakewell: 15 minutes
- Monsal Head and Monsal Trail (scenic spot with walks and bike rides): 20 minutes
- Blue John Cavern: 20 minutes
- Haddon Hall: half an hour
- Sheffield: half an hour
- Meadowhall (shopping centre): 35 minutes.
- Chatsworth (11.5 kilometres)
- Haddon Hall (13.9 kilometres)
- Magna Science Adventure Centre (20.6 kilometres)
- Winster Market House (20.0 kilometres)
- Lyme Park (27.2 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Plough Inn have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Plough Inn dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Plough Inn? Activities and attractions nearby include: - Ladybower Reservoir: 10 minutes’ drive - Chatsworth House: 15 minutes - Bakewell: 15 minutes - Monsal Head and Monsal Trail (scenic spot with walks and bike … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Plough Inn?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 1:30 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.