This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
Looking for an environmentally guilt free camping/caravanning holiday? You've found it at Shallow Grange. This is a working farm with a low carbon footprint.
We offer a state of the art shower block with solar water heating system, underfloor heating, low energy air conditioning system, low energy L.E.D. lighting, low volume flush toilets using water from our rainwater capture reservoir. An array of solar panels produces up to 10 kw of electricity for the site.
Stroll through our Natural England Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI). Enjoy the beautiful views & the peace & quiet of our small, friendly site. Relax with some on site fishing or go for an energetic hike straight from the public footpath on the farm to atmospheric Deep Dale & beautiful Chee Dale.
To camp here is to be in noble company! There is well documented evidence showing battalions of the famous Sherwood Foresters using Shallow Grange as their summer camp at the beginning of the last century.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Propane/gas cylinders available
Touring and motorhomes
Tourer storage facilities
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Medium (26-50 sites)
- Coach stations
Buxton: Market Place Coach Stop
— 5.1 kilometres
5.1 kilometres Bakewell Coach Stop — 12.1 kilometres
12.1 kilometres New Mills: Newtown Swan Hotel Coach Stop — 17.9 kilometres
- Train stations
Buxton Rail Station
— 5.4 kilometres
5.4 kilometres Dove Holes Rail Station — 8.5 kilometres
8.5 kilometres Chapel-en-le-Frith Rail Station — 10.4 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 78.6 kilometres
Manchester Airport Terminal 3
— 31.4 kilometres
31.4 kilometres Manchester Airport — 31.6 kilometres
31.6 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 1 — 31.7 kilometres
Don't rely on your SatNav. It will direct you to the village of Chelmorton & we are c. 1.5 miles from the village.
We are c. 3 miles south of Buxton.
Turn left from the A515 onto the A5270, signposted Chesterfield, Bakewell, Chelmorton. We are c. 1/3rd mile on left.
Turn right from the A6 onto the A5270, signposted Brierlow Bar. We are c. 2 miles on the right.
Buxton Railway Station is about 4 miles away.
We are situated between the spa town of Buxton & the market town of Bakewell with its wonderful Farmer's Market.
There are plenty of charming pubs within easy reach. Our local pub is 1.7 miles away & does great ale & pub grub.
We are close to the High Peak, Tissington & Monsal Trails for cycling & walking.
There are many picturesque villages to visit and of course, the famous stately homes of Derbyshire (e.g.Chatsworth House, Haddon Hall) are easily accessible
- Haddon Hall (13.4 kilometres)
- Chatsworth (15.8 kilometres)
- Lyme Park & Gardens (NT) (18.2 kilometres)
- Winster Market House (17.1 kilometres)
- Lyme Park (19.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Shallow Grange Farm have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Shallow Grange Farm dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Shallow Grange Farm? We are situated between the spa town of Buxton & the market town of Bakewell with its wonderful Farmer's Market. There are plenty of charming pubs within easy reach. Our local pub ... Read more