This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Set in an old walled garden on picturesque Chatsworth Estate
- Nostalgic views
- Surrounded by wildlife including deer
Set in the beautiful location of an old walled garden on the picturesque Chatsworth Estate, the Chatsworth Park Caravan Club Site in Bakewell offers nostalgic views of the sheep-cropped rolling countryside, with some lovely walks. The caravan park is a lovely holiday retreat for the family to escape the bustle of city living. Surrounded by lots of wildlife, it is fantastic for deer watching.
The Horse Trials that take place in May and the Country Fair in September are just two of the fantastic attractions conveniently nearby the Chatsworth Park Caravan Club Site. One of the first visits on the list should be to the House, where you can immerse yourself in history as you wander round the beautifully decorated rooms, formal gardens and the famously lovely cascade. Another place for an unforgettably scenic stroll is the 1,000-acre park laid out by Capability Brown. For those who want to sample and take home authentic country delights, the nearby farm shop boasts superior marmalades and jams amongst many other scrumptious treats. The village of Baslow is a 15 minute walk with a couple of good pubs, including the refurbished Devonshire Arms. Bakewell market on Mondays is recommended. Children visiting the caravan site will enjoy the farmyard and adventure playground, guaranteed to give them hours of fun.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Public transportation nearby
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Propane/gas cylinders available
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Touring and motorhomes
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
- Coach stations
Bakewell Coach Stop
— 5.2 kilometres
5.2 kilometres Matlock Coach Stops — 10.8 kilometres
10.8 kilometres Chesterfield Bus Station — 11.7 kilometres
- Train stations
Grindleford Rail Station
— 8.3 kilometres
8.3 kilometres Matlock Rail Station — 10.8 kilometres
10.8 kilometres Hathersage Rail Station — 10.9 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Liverpool Pier Head Ferry Terminal
— 94.7 kilometres
Sheffield City Airport
— 23.5 kilometres
23.5 kilometres Manchester Airport Terminal 3 — 46.6 kilometres
46.6 kilometres Manchester Airport — 46.8 kilometres
Please only use these recommended directions for the final approach and not SatNav, as this misdirects to Chatsworth House. From the East: Turn left off A619 (Chesterfield – Bakewell) in 8.5 miles in Baslow 150 yards past Cavendish Hotel into site entrance. The entrance to the site is by private single track road, with passing places (no parking or waiting allowed). There is no access through Chatsworth Estate. At the end of the entrance drive there may be a traffic bottleneck outside reception. If the sign at the roundabout inside the entrance indicates Site Full, those with no confirmed booking must turn and leave. From the West: from Manchester at junction 1 of the M60 take the A6 to Chapel-en-le-Frith and then the A623 to Baslow. At the roundabout go straight on towards Chesterfield but just after leaving the roundabout take the first turning on the right, just before the Cavendish Hotel. From Buxton take the A6 to Bakewell and then the A619 to Baslow. Then follow directions from the roundabout as above. The site has no Late Night Arrivals Area. Please note that the bridge at site entrance has 5-ton weight limit.
The Horse Trails, May
Country Fair, September
The 'House' - immerse yourself in history
1000-acre scenic trail laid out by Capability Brown
Nearby farm shop for marmalades, etc.
Children will enjoy the farmyard and adventure playground
- Chatsworth (1.7 kilometres)
- Haddon Hall (5.4 kilometres)
- Sir Richard Arkwright's Masson Mills (13.5 kilometres)
- Winster Market House (10.4 kilometres)
- Hardwick Estate: Stainsby Mill (20.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does Chatsworth Park Caravan Club Site have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Chatsworth Park Caravan Club Site dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Chatsworth Park Caravan Club Site? The Horse Trails, May Country Fair, September The 'House' - immerse yourself in history 1000-acre scenic trail laid out by Capability Brown Nearby farm shop for marmalades, etc. Children will enjoy the ... Read more