Why not enter some details and get an accurate price?
- Pop-up campsite on a working farm overlooking Ivinghoe Beacon
- A 20-minute drive to Whipsnade Zoo, 30 minutes to Woburn Safari Park
- Spacious grass pitches close to the Grand Union Canal, pubs and shops
Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite is a back-to-basics site in a 17-acre field with views across to the landmark hill of Ivinghoe Beacon. On a working farm with cows and rare-breed sheep grazing in the fields, this family-oriented spot is surrounded by countryside for as far as you can see, yet the market town of Leighton Buzzard is only 10 minutes down the road.
There you can pick up any bits and bobs you’ve forgotten, as well as barbecue supplies (you can borrow fire bricks from the farm to raise your firepit off the grass). The closest pub is only a five-minute car journey away though (or a 40-minute walk along the Grand Union Canal towpath, which is accessible from the farm) if you’d like a break from cooking.
Kids have plenty of space to play in the camping field, and in fact there’s a hay-bale maze made especially for them to scramble around on. You can spot birds flitting around on sunny days as well as the odd glider soaring overhead, and the Grand Union Canal is accessible from the farm, for family walks along the towpath, fishing expeditions and canoeing adventures.
As this is a pop-up campsite, facilities are strictly no-frills and include a shower unit powered by gas boiler for hot and powerful showers (bliss at the end of a busy day), portaloos and a couple of sinks for washing up. Mains drinking water is provided via standing pipes.
Open from 07/14/2021 to 08/30/2021
Continental touring caravans (caravans built with the door on the right-hand side) are not permitted.
The park caters for families (immediate members) and couples only - bookings from all other forms of groups are not accepted.
Twin axle vehicles are not permitted on site.
This is a quiet park: no music is allowed.
Please note that the toilet/shower facilities are unisex.
Under 18s must be accompanied by their parents or legal guardians.
Trailers, RV and Class B motorhomes with the door built on the left-hand side are not permitted.
Commercial vehicles (vehicles used for work-related purposes, carrying goods or fare-paying passengers) and sign-written vehicles are not permitted on site.
Guests are advised to bring a good quality torch with them as parts of the park are unlit.
At least one of the party members must be aged 21 or over.
Group bookings of 2 or more units (e.g. tent, touring caravan, motorhome or accommodation hire) travelling together are not permitted via Pitchup.com.
Group bookings of 6 or more adults are not permitted (couples and immediate family members excepted).
No bachelor/bachelorette parties permitted via Pitchup.com.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Non-electric grass tent pitch
Max. persons: 6 x
One Tent allowed per pitch
Pitch size : Max 6.0m width x 3.5m depth (19.7ft width x 11.5ft depth) Calculated area: 21.0m² (226.0ft²)
Ground type: Grass
July 23, 2021 > July 31, 2021
Based on a stay for 2 adultsAvailability by arrival day (British Pound (£), extras not included) (Euro (€), extras not included) (Australian Dollar (A$), extras not included) (US Dollar (US$), extras not included) (Canadian Dollar (CA$), extras not included) (Swiss Franc (CHF), extras not included) (Swedish Krona (SEK), extras not included) (Danish Krone (DKK), extras not included) (Norwegian Krone (NOK), extras not included) (Icelandic Króna (ISK), extras not included) (Argentine Peso (ARS), extras not included) (Chilean Peso (CLP), extras not included) (Peruvian Sol (PEN), extras not included) (New Zealand Dollar (NZ$), extras not included) (South African Rand (R), extras not included) (Polish Zloty (PLN), extras not included) (Brazilian Real (R$), extras not included) (Czech Koruna (CZK), extras not included) (Serbian Dinar (RSD), extras not included) (Hungarian Forint (HUF), extras not included) (Russian Rouble (RUB), extras not included) (Chinese Yuan (CN¥), extras not included)
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
- Coach stations
Luton: Travelodge Bus lay by
— 13.0 kilometres
13.0 kilometres Luton: Bus Station Bute Street — 16.5 kilometres
16.5 kilometres Hemel Hempstead Bus Station — 18.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Cheddington Rail Station
— 1.7 kilometres
1.7 kilometres Leighton Buzzard Rail Station — 5.3 kilometres
5.3 kilometres Tring Rail Station — 8.1 kilometres
- Ferry ports
— 49.8 kilometres
London Luton Airport
— 19.0 kilometres
19.0 kilometres London Oxford Airport — 45.7 kilometres
45.7 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 — 46.0 kilometres
Local attractions and activities include:
- Ivinghoe Beacon: 10 minutes’ drive
- Golf course: 10 minutes
- Beacon Hill footpath: 10 minutes
- Rushmere Country Park: 15 minutes
- Dunstable Downs (Site of Special Scientific Interest): 15 minutes
- Chiltern Hills: 20 minutes
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo: 20 minutes
- Ashridge Estate: 20 minutes
- Bridgewater Monument: 20 minutes
- Woburn Safari Park: 30 minutes
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo (8.0 kilometres)
- Woburn Abbey (13.0 kilometres)
- Bletchley Park (15.3 kilometres)
- Ascott (4.9 kilometres)
- Dunstable Downs, Chilterns Gateway Centre and Whipsnade Estate (7.9 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||2 p.m. –||6 p.m.|
|Depart by:||11 a.m.|
Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite cancellation policy
No refunds within 8 weeks of arrival date.
Changes cannot be made once you have booked.
No refunds/discounts for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures.
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19. Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite will debit the balance from your card 8 weeks before arrival, or if the arrival date is sooner than 8 weeks then the balance will be taken immediately.Deposit transferable during COVID-19. During COVID-19 you can transfer your deposit to a future stay booked within 3 months of your arrival date. Read more.
You can also opt to pay the full amount at the time of your booking.
Payment methods accepted on the parkBank transfer
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- Does Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite? Local attractions and activities include: - Ivinghoe Beacon: 10 minutes’ drive - Golf course: 10 minutes - Beacon Hill footpath: 10 minutes - Rushmere Country Park: 15 minutes - Dunstable Downs (Site … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.
- How much does it cost to stay at Hill Farm Pop-Up Campsite? From R567,33 (for 1 night, 2 adults) - prices may change depending on your dates and party. Check prices and availability