This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Secluded site in a meadow bordered by Bedfordshire woodland
- Five minutes' drive from Dunstable and 15 from Whipsnade Zoo
- Direct access to Sewell Cutting Nature Reserve; hammocks welcome
Woodland and meadow surrounds await at The Reserve, a peaceful small-scale site two miles from the centre of Dunstable. Wander through the site's orchard, past the spring and into the woods for a silent and satisfying retreat from your everyday cares…
The accommodation here is well-presented and spacious, coming with a woodburning stove and enough room for groups of up to six. The rental tent has its own barbecue and outdoor firepit for self-prepped dinners, with picnic furniture also included. You're able to set up your kit in the surrounding field as well, so don't hesitate to swing a hammock between a couple of trees for afternoon naps or a spot of stargazing after dark. An eco toilet and simple shower are located outside under the trees.
With the whole place to yourself, you're free to gallivant through the forest, sunbathe in the meadow or – if the weather turns – keep cosy under canvas and gather around the woodburner. The Reserve is also right next to Sewell Cutting Nature Reserve and a 15-minute stroll from Totternhoe Spring.
Dunstable town centre is a five-minute drive or 40 minutes by foot. Being home to a handful of pubs, supermarkets and takeaways, it's a handy spot to have close by.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great secluded site beautiful setup
24+ hour ventilation between accommodation guests
Check-in: contactless (in person)
Check-in: one group at a time
Dedicated toilet facility per glamping unit
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Tiny (1-10 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
- Coach stations
Luton: Travelodge Bus lay by
— 6.0 kilometres
6.0 kilometres Luton: Bus Station Bute Street — 9.8 kilometres
9.8 kilometres Luton Airport Bus Station — 12.3 kilometres
- Train stations
Leagrave Rail Station
— 6.6 kilometres
6.6 kilometres Harlington (Beds) Rail Station — 8.2 kilometres
8.2 kilometres Cheddington Rail Station — 8.7 kilometres
- Ferry ports
— 49.3 kilometres
London Luton Airport
— 12.3 kilometres
12.3 kilometres London Heathrow Airport — 47.5 kilometres
47.5 kilometres London Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 — 47.6 kilometres
The secluded woodlands that surround this site are a world away from the Dunstable Downs (15 minutes' drive), a windswept clutch of hills at the tail end of the Chilterns. This is the highest point in Bedfordshire, and as such a splendid spot for flying a kite (weather permitting, you may well see gliders zooming overhead as well). There are miles of footpaths around this area – if you're not sure where to roam first, kick things off with a visit to the helpful folk at the Chilterns Gateway Centre (15 minutes).
Whipsnade Zoo (15 minutes) is another real must-see: this 600-acre park is home to over 3,000 animals, with highlights including a butterfly house, sea lion pool and a herd of Asian elephants. Its sister institution, London Zoo, is about an hour away by road if you fancy even more animal action.
Travelling with small ones in tow? The Reserve is also about half an hour's drive from Milton Keynes, a city renowned for family-friendly attractions like Bletchley Park, Gulliver's Land Theme Park, Snozone indoor ski slope and Big Rock Hub, a mega-sized climbing and bouldering centre.
- ZSL Whipsnade Zoo (5.4 kilometres)
- Woburn Abbey (10.0 kilometres)
- Woburn Safari Park (12.2 kilometres)
- Dunstable Downs, Chilterns Gateway Centre and Whipsnade Estate (3.7 kilometres)
- Whipsnade Tree Cathedral (5.4 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does The Reserve have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Reserve dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near The Reserve? The secluded woodlands that surround this site are a world away from the Dunstable Downs (15 minutes' drive), a windswept clutch of hills at the tail end of the Chilterns. This is … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Reserve?
On-site accommodation Arrive: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 4 p.m.