This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly site on the River Rother with Bodiam Castle views
- In 1066 Country and a half an hour’s drive from Hastings
- Spa hut, communal cooking area, bar, coffee shop and pizza nights
Huddle up in the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty on a hol at The Original Hut Company, a swish farm site within spitting distance of Bodiam Castle in the village of the same name. With glimpses of the stately structure to be seen through the trees and the gentle sounds of the steam trains from the Kent & East Sussex Railway chugging in the distance, this park’s an atmospheric place to lay your head.
If the ambient sounds haven’t lulled you to sleep just yet, stroll to the bottom of the site for walks along the River Rother or stretch your legs on a wander around the rest of the 200-acre farm. When it’s time for a sit down, a coffee shop in the grounds serves barista-style java (as well as smoothies and milkshakes if the kids have earned a treat). Visiting on a Friday? Pizza nights are put on in the summer months and stiff drinks are to be had at the well-stocked bar any time of year.
Set yourself up for days of explores with a full breakfast – being on the Kent and East Sussex border in 1066 country, this family farm park’s a splendid spot for getting out and about. It’s a half-hour drive to Hastings for checking out the famed battle site and a 35-minute drive to Camber Sands beach if seaside sessions are on the cards.
Great British weather gone and let you down? Scuttle back to the site and cuddle up at the communal covered space, with its open fire and cooking facilities. Or better yet, dial up the decadence of your trip with a massage in the spa hut…
Open from 30/04/2021 to 31/10/2021
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Amazing site, great facilities, lovely staff and very good location
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
No dogs allowed
Leave the car at home
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Horseback riding nearby
Indoor pool nearby
Leisure/theme park nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Surf school nearby
- Coach stations
— 5.1 kilometres
5.1 kilometres Royal George — 5.2 kilometres
5.2 kilometres Hare and Hounds — 9.1 kilometres
- Train stations
Robertsbridge Rail Station
— 4.8 kilometres
4.8 kilometres Etchingham Rail Station — 6.7 kilometres
6.7 kilometres Battle Rail Station — 9.6 kilometres
- Ferry ports
Newhaven Harbour Ferry Terminal
— 40.8 kilometres
40.8 kilometres Folkestone Eurotunnel Terminal — 42.5 kilometres
Lydd London Ashford Airport
— 28.4 kilometres
There’s all sorts to do near this park, from tastings at award-winning vineyard Chapel Down (half an hour’s drive) to touring National Trust and English Heritage properties. Traditional towns like Rye and Tenterden are within 30 minutes of the park for urban times as well, while Royal Tunbridge Wells takes 40 minutes to reach if you’re up for pottering around The Pantiles’ Georgian architecture.
Back near the park, wander through the orchards to the 14th-century Bodiam Castle, around a 20-minute stroll away, then stop in the local pub on your way back for an ale (or three). Kayaks and paddleboards can be hired in the village while you’re in the area for splashing about on the River Rother.
Rather sit on the saddle? Bring your bikes along on the trip and head out on the off-road farm trails to soak up the stunning Sussex scenery without having to share the road with any cars.
- Bodiam Castle (0.5 kilometres)
- Great Dixter House and Gardens (4.0 kilometres)
- 1066 Battle Abbey and Battlefield (9.6 kilometres)
- Bodiam Castle (0.9 kilometres)
- Bateman's (11.0 kilometres)
Find local routes on the National Cycle Network - over 12,000 miles of cycling routes.
- Does The Original Hut Company have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is The Original Hut Company dog friendly? No View all features
- What attractions are near The Original Hut Company? There’s all sorts to do near this park, from tastings at award-winning vineyard Chapel Down (half an hour’s drive) to touring National Trust and English Heritage properties. Traditional towns like Rye and … Read more
- When can I check in and check out of The Original Hut Company?
Camping and touring Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m. Depart by: 10 a.m.