What is Pitchup.com?
Pitchup.com is your free guide to all types of camping and caravanning in the UK and Ireland - judged Best UK Travel Website of the Year 2011. With 5,000 campsites and holiday parks (including more than 400 to book), nifty searching and loads of offers, it has never been easier to find and book the perfect site - and rediscover the glee in camping and caravanning.
You might want a beach, or a site near a festival; you might love a particular location or be hoping for a swimming pool or a fine local pub; tent pitches, motorhomes, yurts, glamping, naturism, campfires, cycle hire, seclusion - tell us what you're looking for and we'll find it straight away.
Our listings are comprehensive and impartial. We love it when campers share their reviews or photos to let others know what's hot and what's not. You can review your favourite sites, add new sites or just browse around to discover what's possible with a sense of adventure.
Brought to you by...
Pitchup.com was founded in 2009 by former lastminute.com man Dan Yates. Dan was born into camping: his family worked in the holiday-park industry and he helped out on parks in north Devon from childhood. He set up websites for online booking while at university, and later spearheaded "carbonwise" - an award-winning service offsetting 50,000 tonnes of CO2.
Pitchup.com is inspired by his experience and his hope that holidaymakers rediscover the natural charms of the UK and Ireland, reinventing the 'staycation'.
Managers - Pitchup.com's popularity can add to your success
Since launch in July 2009, Pitchup.com has:
- Taken up to 700 bookings for each bookable park (since spring 2011)
- Won several national awards including Best UK Travel Website of the Year 2011, Best Domestic Strategic PR Campaign 2011, Best Travel Directory 2011, Best UK Travel Information Site 2010
- Been chosen by Red Bull in 2011 as one of the UK's 'Future 50' most exciting, innovative and creative young brands
- Enjoyed coverage throughout the national press, including the BBC
- Been judged one of the 'Best Travel Websites Ever' by the Guardian, awarded 'Website of the Week' by New Media Age and The Daily Mail, been shortlisted for The Good Web Guide's Website of the Year Award 2010 and received a five-star rating from Web User magazine
- Signed up more 500 companies to our booking service - including Parkdean Holidays, Park Resorts, Park Holidays, YHA, National Trust, South West Lakes Trust and Woolacombe Bay Holiday Parks
- Enticed users to spend twice as long on Pitchup.com than the average travel website
- Grown traffic to up to 30,000 site visitors per day
Pitchup.com is an associate member of the British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BH&HPA).