This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Adventure resort in a temperate rainforest in the Pacific Northwest
- 15 minutes from Belfair and an hour and 20 from Seattle
- Off-road trails, quad biking, fishing and dirt biking all close by
23,000 acres of forest – big enough for ya? That’s the size of Tahuya State Forest, a vast expanse of woods easily accessible by freeway or ferry from Seattle, Olympia or Tacoma. Folks flock here for fresh-air days out on the forest’s more than 300 miles of trails, and for freshwater fishing and watersports on its dozens of streams and lakes.
In the midst of it is Tahuya Adventure Resort – a mere 40 acres of park that makes an excellent base for all the alfresco activities to be had around here. The nearby Hood Canal is the spot for swimming, boating and fishing; you can also rent an ATV or horse on site to set off on the Overland Loop Trail, right next to the resort, an 18.5-mile run also suitable for hiking, mountain biking and dirt biking.
Although it's forest as far as the eye can see, the resort is 15 minutes' drive from Belfair for restaurants and supermarket supplies; get these back to camp to prepare feasts in the guest kitchen (well kitted out with gas grill and hobs, a microwave, a coffee pot and a fridge. Outdoor life’s likely to provide the majority of your entertainment, but there’s a TV and free wifi for when you need a nod to the tech world.
Dogs are welcome to join your break, but must be on leads at all times to ensure they don’t get into any scrapes with the forest’s resident wildlife.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Public transportation nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Water hook-up points for tourers
As well as the trails just by the resort, there are more to follow through the Theler Wetlands outside Belfair, 15 minutes away – keep your eyes peeled for wildlife as you wander along the boardwalks and paths through 135 acres of tidal wetland. Deer, herons and kingfishers are among the beasts you might spot as you stroll.
If you fancy getting out on to the water yourself, it’ll take you half an hour to drive to Mason Lake for motorboating, jetskiing and waterskiing or to the Hood Canal (a branch of Puget Sound) for kayaking, paddleboarding and scuba diving. Should you prefer to stick to dry land, there are four golf courses around the canal’s shores, and a brewery and wineries to visit.
Away from the forest are city days in Tacoma (50 minutes), Olympia (an hour and 10 minutes) and Seattle (an hour and 20 minutes).
- Does Tahuya Adventure Resort have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Tahuya Adventure Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Tahuya Adventure Resort? As well as the trails just by the resort, there are more to follow through the Theler Wetlands outside Belfair, 15 minutes away – keep your eyes peeled for wildlife as you … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Tahuya Adventure Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon On-site accommodation Arrive: 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon