This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- For birdwatchers, one of only two trogon nesting places in the U.S.
- Views over Chiricahua Mountain, home to hundreds of bird species
- Desert oasis
Mountain Valley Lodge and RV Park is a wonder-filled place for birdwatchers, mountain bikers, and hikers.
The campground has beautiful views of the Chiricahua Mountains, one of the prime destinations for literally hundreds of bird species. Portal, Arizona, famed for being base camp to birdwatchers from around the world, is 7 miles away.
The Chiricahua Mountains provide a migration corridor above the surrounding desert and rise through seven life zones. Providing a wide range of ecosystems and a variety of plant, animal and bird species, it is one of only two sites in the US where the elegant trogon nests, and it is also home to 16 varieties of hummingbirds.
The campground has a laundry room and a reception office with lots of information about the local area.
Mind, there is no gas station in the area (25 miles to the nearest one in Animas), one of two places to buy groceries, a laundromat, a Post Office, a tavern that serves great food and a garage.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Rodeo New Mexico has a café and also a tavern with great food and entertainment, along with great views and a rich western history.
There is probably no better hiking in the southwest than this area. Whether you hike on your own (never hike unprepared), join a club or hire a hiking guide. The region is also famous for birdwatching, don't forget the binoculars.
Tombstone, Arizona - less than 100 miles
Tucson, Arizona - a 2-hour drive
Mexico border - about 1-hour drive
- Does Mountain Valley Lodge and RV Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Mountain Valley Lodge and RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Mountain Valley Lodge and RV Park? Rodeo New Mexico has a café and also a tavern with great food and entertainment, along with great views and a rich western history. There is probably no better hiking in the … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Mountain Valley Lodge and RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 3 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.