This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious Montana park with mountain views, five minutes from town
- Trout fishing in four rivers; hiking, biking and canoeing 10 minutes
- Two state parks in half an hour; 50 minutes to Tobacco Root Mountains
Nobody could dispute Montana’s unofficial nickname of ‘Big Sky Country’. But it’s also the state of big rivers, four of them flowing down from the mountains here and meeting just north of this wide and tree-lined park.
With mountain views all around, Camp Three Forks makes a scenic and comfy base for exploring the wilderness: it’s a spacious and quiet spot, with firepits and picnic tables, a playground and free wifi; you can buy firewood here and rent a canoe – it'd be a shame not to, with so many rivers around...
Three Forks City is a five-minute drive away, with plenty of shops and eateries, a heritage museum and ponds for fishing and kayaking right in the town centre. They take their fishing seriously here, and the nearby Madison, Gallatin, Jefferson and Missouri rivers are renowned for their abundance of brown trout.
The Jefferson flows slowly in the summer months, making its stretches near the site a magnet for swimmers, picnickers and people who just like messing about in boats. Bikers are well looked after too, with the Headwaters Trail System providing six miles of paved paths through mountain views, grasslands and cottonwood trees into the wilderness of the Missouri Headwaters State Park.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Cycle hire nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Motorhome service point
Tourer storage facilities
Water hook-up points for tourers
As well as views of the mighty four-way river confluence, the Headwaters State Park (10 minutes' drive) is full of short trails, ideal for half-day hikes and family treks. Madison Buffalo Jump (20 minutes) makes for another moderate and memorable trek, up to the limestone cliffs where Native Americans once drove buffalo herds to the valley floor below.
For bigger jaunts, the old mining town of Pony (half an hour) is the start of trails through the Tobacco Root mountains, where clear lakes with names like Lost Cabin and Hollow Top sit among the peaks with only bald eagles, grizzly bears and rare Canada lynx for company. Surrounded by trails and a park of their own, the Lewis and Clark Caverns (25 minutes) are a network of vast underground caves, full of peculiar rock formations; call in at Norris (half an hour from the site) on your way back for another geological experience, soothing tired limbs in the hot springs.
If you’re travelling onwards, the western entrance to Yellowstone National Park is two hours’ drive away.
Permitted arrival/departure time
|Camping and touring|
|Arrive:||noon –||10 p.m.|
Camp Three Forks cancellation policy
Balance refunds: no penalties
If you need to cancel or amend your booking, please give as much notice as possible so that someone else has the chance to book. You may wish to buy holiday insurance for cancellations and for your property/injury whilst away.
Please note that your deposit is paid to Pitchup.com and is non-refundable.
Deposit transferable during COVID-19.
The remainder is payable on arrival.
Payment methods accepted on the parkCash
Terms and conditionsSite booking terms and conditions
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Camp Three Forks have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Camp Three Forks dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Camp Three Forks? As well as views of the mighty four-way river confluence, the Headwaters State Park (10 minutes' drive) is full of short trails, ideal for half-day hikes and family treks. Madison Buffalo Jump … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Camp Three Forks?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 10 p.m. Depart by: noon