This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Quiet woodland site in the Sierra Nevada foothills
- In gold panning country and 25 minutes from Nevada city
- Pool, clubroom, free wifi and convenience store
This is some splendid scenery… Dutch Flat RV Resort is set in the spectacular foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains in northern California, surrounded by thick green woodland and lined with tall trees.
It's golden land around here too, as the resort is near Gold Run, one of the old mining towns of the California Gold Rush (if you like your American history, Gold Run is a designated California Historical Landmark and close to a couple of dozen more around its Placer County location).
Dutch Flat's Gold Country setting is 25 miles from both Nevada City and Grass Valley, and 60 from Sacramento and Lake Tahoe for day trips wine tasting, skiing, hiking and shopping. Fishing, boating, golfing, snowboarding and skiing are all available nearby.
The resort has modern facilities including a pool, free wifi, a clubroom, a patio, a gas station and a convenience store. A restaurant is just across the freeway.
The modern amenity blocks have free hot showers; a bath and a washing-up area are also on site.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Dutch Flat RV Resort is in gold panning land, so it's not too hard to dig out places nearby to try your hand at the art: ask the resort team for its golden tips on where best to investigate.
To see a slice of the region as it was in Gold Rush times, visit the Empire Mine State Historic Park, at a former gold mine 25 miles from Dutch Flat. Another of the many California Historical Landmarks, the mine was one of the deepest and richest in California, only finally closing in 1956 after mining 5.8 million ounces of gold from over 365 miles of underground passages.
Also 25 minutes away is Nevada City, 28 miles north of historic Auburn (another California Historical Landmark for its Gold Rush history). The city's well worth the trip for a day or two for its museums and galleries, regular cultural and sporting events, and its photography opps: its colourful landscapes and autumn leaves mean it's a frequent setting for films and TV productions.
An hour's drive takes you to Sacramento, California's capital, or spectacular Lake Tahoe, the biggest alpine lake in North America.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Dutch Flat RV Resort have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Dutch Flat RV Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Dutch Flat RV Resort? Dutch Flat RV Resort is in gold panning land, so it's not too hard to dig out places nearby to try your hand at the art: ask the resort team for its … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Dutch Flat RV Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: noon – 8 p.m. Depart by: noon