This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Hilltop site on the edge of the Summit Bechtel Reserve
- 15 minutes' drive from downtown Fayetteville
- Rafting trips organised on site; lots of outdoor activities close by
Adventurous type, are ya? In the market for action-packed days of rafting, climbing, mountain biking, horse riding and ziplining?
Settle in at West Virginia Adventures Campground and it’s likely that, as the name suggests, you’ll be among like-minded folks. Take a 15-minute journey south from Fayetteville and you’ll be in a prime position for one of the area’s top active draws: rafting trips in the New River Gorge National Park or the Gauley River National Recreation Area. Sorting your outings is pretty straightforward: the friendly folk on site can organise trips suitable for all levels (anyone aged five and over can join the splashing fun).
Towel off from that and you’re far from done – trails in the Summit Bechtel Reserve are only a couple of minutes’ drive away, and there are heaps of outdoorsy antics to keep you busy for days on end.
Between adventures, there’s plenty of open space at the campground for refuelling (at the restaurant) and resting (by one of the fire rings if you need a little warmth).
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Great site, with recreational activities!
Great place to stay in WV
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Tents for hire
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
Best come set for action: the area around Fayetteville (West Virginia) is gaining a bit of a rep as a hub for outdoor activities. As well as those rafting trips, companies within a half-hour drive can hook you up with days of rock climbing, river fishing and horse riding, and there are some fab mountain bike trails at Arrowhead Bike Farm (15 minutes’ drive).
Hiking types have plenty of options too: trails both leisurely and more demanding run through the Summit Bechtel Reserve (five minutes’ drive) and Babcock State Park (half an hour). Folks with a head for heights can zoom through the forest canopy on ziplines or sign up for guided walks on the maintenance catwalk of the New River Gorge Bridge, 20 minutes away – the views are pretty sweet from 876 feet up in the air (and you’ll be strapped into a safety harness to ensure you can appreciate them without excess panic).
Time to take it easy… scoot up to Summersville Lake (half an hour) for fishing, swimming and boating, or wander around Fayetteville, taking in the Historic District and public art installations as you go, and picking up treats at the farmers’ market.
- Does West Virginia Adventures Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is West Virginia Adventures Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near West Virginia Adventures Campground? Best come set for action: the area around Fayetteville (West Virginia) is gaining a bit of a rep as a hub for outdoor activities. As well as those rafting trips, companies within … Read more
When can I check in and check out of West Virginia Adventures Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
Reception is unmanned after 9pm. Please call the site/park using the contact details provided in the booking confirmation email if you are arriving after this time.Read more