This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Family-friendly resort on the shore of Chesapeake Bay near New Point
- 10 minutes' drive from a watersports centre for guided canoe tours
- Private beach, dog beach, marina, fishing dock and two playgrounds
Chosen a stay in Chesapeake Bay? Make the most of the area’s gorgeous sea views by settling right on the shore at New Point RV Resort – days in, on and around the water beckon at this friendly place with its own marina and private beach just outside the community of New Point.
Have a go at acquiring your own dinner, by fishing from the wooden dock or ambling down to the beach to land crabs or clams to adorn your catch. You can swim in these clear waters too, or take the plunge in the resort's outdoor pool while the small sorts have a splashing time in the paddling pool next door.
Away from the watery pursuits, shoot some hoops at the basketball court, have a game of laser tag or fling your way to victory with a traditional game of horseshoes. There are two playgrounds for the kids too, and a busy programme for all ages devised by resort’s resident activities coordinator: crafts and games during the day are followed by films, live entertainment, and cookouts as night falls.
Happy news for holidaying hounds: dogs are not only welcomed on site but also treated to some fab facilities in the form of a free running area and their own beach for seaside splashing.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Dog walk nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Explore the bay via canoe or kayak: bring your own to launch from the resort’s beach or make the 10-minute drive to a watersports centre in Port Haywood to rent kit, take lessons or join guided tours.
Drive 10 minutes for hikes at the New Point Comfort Nature Preserve, which has a boardwalk across the shallows and mudflats from where you can spot water birds, dragonflies and crabs (there are fab views of the lighthouse from here too). For riverside rambles, head to the Mathews County birding and wildlife trails along the East River 15 minutes away.
For a spot of culture and history, Gwynn's Island Museum half an hour away has collection of Indian and colonial artefacts. The Deltaville Maritime Museum 40 minutes away commemorates the area’s long tradition of boat building; another 15 minutes north of here is the Steamboat Era Museum, charting the story of how the classic boats aided the development of this part of the coast.
- Does New Point RV Resort have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is New Point RV Resort dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near New Point RV Resort? Explore the bay via canoe or kayak: bring your own to launch from the resort’s beach or make the 10-minute drive to a watersports centre in Port Haywood to rent kit, take … Read more
When can I check in and check out of New Point RV Resort?
Camping and touring Arrive: 2 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m. On-site accommodation Arrive: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. Depart by: 11 a.m.