This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Well-tended leafy site by a fishing lake in north Texas countryside
- 50 minutes from Forth Worth for speedway, stockyards and rodeo
- Also 50 minutes to Eagle Mountain Lake; sail and fish, hike and bike
Expect a 10-gallon Texas welcome on this shaded site, though you could drive right by on the highway... Outwest Campground and RV Park is well hidden among stands of oak and elm trees, at one with the creeks and ponds and gentle hills of Parker County.
As always in the west, people make long journeys to and from and through, and this resort is well set up for that. There's a store for stocking up, a meeting house with a kitchen area, and covered picnic areas to cheat the rain. They have real seasons in this part of Texas and in summer there are few pleasures finer than cooking over a firepit, then sharing your feast with friends and family looking out over the lake. The lake's well stocked too and you can pass many a warm easy day watching the light change on the water while you wait for a bite.
Things move slowly out here, except on the Texas Speedway: 50 minutes' drive away, this major national arena draws crowds of 160,000 for NASCAR and Indie racing events. Then, after a day of turns and thrills, what better place to return to than the stillness of Outwest...?
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Large (51-200 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
From speed to steers, the Fort Worth Stockyards preserve the city's livestock heritage on the original, 19th-century site and to watch the twice-daily cattle drives is to feel as if you've stepped back to the start of the West. Immerse yourself in history at the Cowboy Hall of Fame, see rope tricks and trick riding at a Wild West show and heroics in the rodeo ring.
If you'd rather not sit on a bucking bronco yourself, hire a bike and cruise this lively quarter of eateries, shops and attractions, taking a break from the bustle and the cattle afterwards in the city's Water Gardens and their cooling pools and crashing waterfalls in the midst of downtown.
If you're still hankering after high speed, Six Flags Over Texas (an hour's drive) is a massive amusement park with 32 rides, many of them guaranteed to make a rodeo star quake in his or her cowboy boots. Top off a turn on the rollercoasters with a trip to Grapevine Vintage Railroad an hour away, a historic steam line recalling the days when the West was even wilder.
For genuine wilderness, hikers, bikers and watersporting types should head out to Eagle Mountain Lake (45 minutes).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Outwest Campground and RV Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Outwest Campground and RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Outwest Campground and RV Park? From speed to steers, the Fort Worth Stockyards preserve the city's livestock heritage on the original, 19th-century site and to watch the twice-daily cattle drives is to feel as if you've stepped … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Outwest Campground and RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – 7 p.m. Depart by: noon