This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Small and friendly RV park between Abilene and Fort Worth
- Lagoon-style pool with walk-in beach
- Shaded patio, group room, gift shop and well-kept showers and toilets
It's Texan hospitality all the way at Cactus Rose RV Park, a small, friendly and grassy park just outside Mingus where the team will happily help guests have as active or as relaxed a time as they please.
Regular events are held for mingling types, and there's plenty to do around Palo Pinto County and beyond for adventurers and city sightseers. Thurber and Mingus lakes are both a few miles away for swimming and trout fishing; Lake Palo Pinto is within 20 minutes; the ghost town of Thurber is five minutes away, and Fort Worth is just over an hour's drive east.
And if your holiday determination is to determinedly relax? Laze around the park to do it in style: the swish lagoon pool here is so mighty fine it even has its own beach, there are large shaded patio areas for peaceful afternoons, and a Western-styled group room is to hand for extra space. Barbecue pits and picnic tables are around the park for when you need a fuelled pitstop.
The kids will probably like to say howdy to the Cactus Rose sheriff's office too, followed by a lengthy browse in the gift shop for their stash of Texan souvenirs.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet. We only show the last 30 months' reviews.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Electric car charging point(s)
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Dog walk nearby
Small (11-25 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Water aplenty is all around, including Mingus lake, popular for rainbow trout fishing; Thurber lake, the town's unofficial swimming pool, and Lake Palo Pinto, for more fishing among handsome scenery. For day trips, make for the waters and sandbanks of the Brazos River, for fishing, wildlife watching and canoeing; access this last at Lake Granbury, 50 minutes' drive away.
Thurber ghost town is another good local stop: it was once the biggest company town in all of Texas and these days has a population of a few dozen. The W K Gordon Center for Industrial History of Texas (three miles) tells the tale of the regional coal and oil trades if you'd like to delve into local lore, or you could pootle along to the Roaring Ranger Oil Boom Museum 20 minutes' drive away.
Cisco 35 minutes away has the Lela Latch Lloyd Museum, a small museum at the first Hilton hotel, and Lake Cisco just to the north of town. You could also roam around Eastland for its county jail museum (25 minutes), browse the art galleries at Stephenville (30 minutes), or have more watery times at Lake Mineral Wells, 45 minutes' drive away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Cactus Rose RV Park have a swimming pool? Yes View all features
- Is Cactus Rose RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Cactus Rose RV Park? Water aplenty is all around, including Mingus lake, popular for rainbow trout fishing; Thurber lake, the town's unofficial swimming pool, and Lake Palo Pinto, for more fishing among handsome scenery. For day … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Cactus Rose RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. Depart by: noon