This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious rural RV park five miles from Jacksboro, Texas
- A 10-minute drive from Fort Richardson Historic State Park
- Wildlife tours available, and free fishing on the 20-acre lake
A hidden lake, and a safari ranch and an RV park – yup indeed, they’re all there at Hidden Lake Safari Ranch and RV Park, a spacious and scenic Texas park 10 minutes’ drive from Jacksboro.
In truth, the lake’s not that hidden at all, but that’s perhaps not entirely surprising given that it stretches out to a sprawling 20 acres. Find your way here with a rod in hand and you’re welcome to fish for the bass, catfish, perch and other silvery critters that lurk in the waters (no need to acquire a licence).
The safari ranch is certainly a thing, however – this part of the world is something of a haven for various varieties of wildlife, including deer and wildfowl. Guests might spot some of them while roaming around the park, or for a small extra charge you can sign up for a guided tour in the company of experts that know the places that creatures tend to congregate.
And the RV park is definitely a reality, too – one that’s surrounded by trees and supplied with fire rings and picnic tables for alfresco evenings. Games of volleyball, badminton, tetherball, croquet and horseshoes await for folk with a competitive streak, and there’s a playground where smaller guests can let off steam.
Lots of everyday essentials are sorted at the park as well, including a laundry room, full guest bathroom and free wifi to help plot your next moves. A country store is stocked with basic provisions; for more shops, plus restaurants and entertainment venues, it’s an easy 10-minute drive into town.
Tourist board rating
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Lake and/or mountain
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Medium (26-50 sites)
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Motorhome service point
Water hook-up points for tourers
Start local explores with a jaunt into Jacksboro (10 minutes’ drive), to wander around Jack County Museum, a place stuffed full of relics from the town’s early days along with military exhibits and mementos from the local high school.
Just outside town (15 minutes’ drive) is Fort Richardson Historic State Park, which gives more glimpses into past Texas life. This was once the nation’s biggest fort, and played a key role in the struggle between Anglo settlers and Native Americans; park rangers now tell the stories on tours, and there are regular re-enactment events to look out for.
Setting your sights beyond the town itself might involve outings to see the rescued big cats at the Center for Animal Research and Education (35 minutes), golf and watersports at Possum Kingdom Lake (an hour) or beetling around some the Texas vineyards that are gathering praise from the world’s wine buffs (several within an hour’s drive).
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Hidden Lake Safari Ranch and RV Park have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Hidden Lake Safari Ranch and RV Park dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Hidden Lake Safari Ranch and RV Park? Start local explores with a jaunt into Jacksboro (10 minutes’ drive), to wander around Jack County Museum, a place stuffed full of relics from the town’s early days along with military exhibits … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Hidden Lake Safari Ranch and RV Park?
Camping and touring Arrive: Anytime – Anytime Depart by: 11 a.m.
Reception is unmanned after 5pm and all day Sunday and Monday. Please inform the park while on your way there should you expect to arrive during these periods, so that the team can provide information about your unit/site.Read more