This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- Spacious, shady park surrounded by wooded hills
- Clubhouse, shop and 24-hour laundry
- One mile from Bristol Motor Speedway
An old sign greets visitors to the twin cities of Bristol, Virginia and Bristol, Tennessee: A Good Place To Live. A quarter of an hour's drive from the buzzing centre of town, Shadrack Campground is certainly a fine place to stay. On the edge of the Blue Ridge Mountains, wooded hills surround this broad and well-maintained park.
It's used to accommodating multitudes of visitors for the regular race meets at the Bristol Speedway. Visitors in and out of racing season appreciate plenty of room in the washrooms and the 24-hour laundry.
There's a well-stocked shop, and the Country-style club is a popular hub for meeting and relaxing. Alternatively, after a long day enjoying everything this corner of the South has to offer, you can just sit outside, take in the Tennessee air, and watch the fireflies dance.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Mountain biking nearby
Many visitors come for events at the Bristol Speedway, a four-minute drive away. If railways and bikes are more your thing though, the famed Virginia Creeper Trail starts half an hour's drive away in Abingdon. This 34-mile mountain biking trail along the former railway takes in restored stations and trains in hilly scenery, rising to 2,000 feet.
Animal fans should take a trip to Bays Mountain Park 20 minutes' drive away, to see cross-sections of beaver dams, bee hives and cave systems, and gaze at the heavens in the planetarium. A similar distance away, the Bristol Caverns takes you through a whole network of caves, with striking rock formations and an underground river.
Above ground, you can swim, sail or fish for bass at Boone Lake, 13 miles away from the site, or drive the same distance to the massive Cherokee National Forest, where there are hiking trails, wildlife to spot and gold to pan for.
Another treasure close by, of course, is the music. The Birthplace of Country Museum, a quarter of an hour's drive into town, celebrates the Carter family, who made the earliest recordings of traditional songs in 1927. The Carter Family Fold, three quarters of an hour away, is a concert venue devoted to the bluegrass and country sounds of the region.
- Does Shadrack Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Shadrack Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Shadrack Campground? Many visitors come for events at the Bristol Speedway, a four-minute drive away. If railways and bikes are more your thing though, the famed Virginia Creeper Trail starts half an hour's drive … Read more
When can I check in and check out of Shadrack Campground?
Camping and touring Arrive: 1 p.m. – Anytime Depart by: noon