This site does not currently take bookings here on Pitchup.com.
If you are the owner of this site, start taking bookings through Pitchup.com by adding your business details.
- 24-acre family-run campground
- Quiet, convienient location bordering 3,000 acres of forest
- Just off the I-80 near Clarion, Leeper, Marianville and Franklin
Forest, river, countryside… this is a mighty pretty Pennsylvania place. Set just off the I-80 near Clarion, Leeper, Marianville and Franklin, Rustic Acres Campground is in the countryside of north-western Pennsylvania, near Cooks Forest with easy access to the Clarion and Allegheny rivers.
It's a short drive from here to the vast Allegheny National Forest, and the site is bordered on two sides by 3,000 acres of Pennsylvania State wooded game lands for hunting and fishing. Wineries, river tours, canoeing, kayaking, hiking and state parks are all within 20 miles.
Family-run Rustic Acres is in a pine and oak tree setting, covering 24 acres with shaded areas, open areas and plenty of room for dancing and parties. Each pitch comes with its own picnic table and fire-ring; there's also a 1,000 gallon propane tank on site for refills, with pick-up service at your pitch.
Facilities on site include a picnic pavilion, a sun room, a fully-equipped kitchen, horseshoe pits, a shuffleboard area, a playground, basketball, volleyball and miniature golf. A wading creek and hiking trails are also around for exploring around the campground.
Among the amenities are cleanly-kept showers and restrooms; chemical disposal, and a laundromat facility with two large bathrooms. The site shop sells last-minute supplies and snacks.
To generate better results:
- Choose the 'Multiple units per pitch' filter in the search results
- Break your booking down into smaller groups and book multiple sites.
- Click the button ‘Make another booking like this’ on the confirmation page to easily rebook.
- Ask to be sited together in the ‘Special requests’ box on the booking form.
You can also try filtering your search by group type and by parks allowing multiple tents/caravans/motorhomes per site.
Alas, no reviews yet.
Leisure on park
Bar or club house
Indoor swimming pool
Outdoor swimming pool
Amenities on park
Car parking by site/unit
Ice pack freezing
Parent & baby washroom
Pick-up from public transport
Single-sex groups welcome
Student groups welcome
Barbecue grills allowed
Commercial vehicles allowed
Dogs allowed all year
Jumbo tent sites
No drinkable water point
No hot water
No running water
Propane/gas cylinders available
Convenience store nearby
Nearby farmers' market
Public transportation nearby
Large (51-200 sites)
Horseback riding nearby
Mountain biking nearby
Outdoor pool nearby
Touring and motorhomes
Gray water hook-up for RVs/trailers
Water hook-up points for tourers
You'll find weeks' worth of things to do and see around this part of Pennsylvania, including statee parks, fishing, hiking and watersports.
For outdoor options, tackle the trails of the Cook Forest State Park, 14 miles from Rustic Acres's local town of Shippenville, or take the North Country Trail just outside the town. You could also go fly fishing along part of the 110-mile run of the Clarion river, or meander along to Foxburg for watery tours of the Allegheny.
Also within easy driving distance are Tionesta Lake and Dam, 16 miles north of Shippenville; the Samuel Justus Recreation Trail in Oil City, 18 miles north-west; Hunter Station Golf Club, Tionesta, 18 miles north, and Clear Creek State Park, Sigel within 20 miles east.
Wineries are around too if you want to investigate the local vino, the closest at Deer Creek Winery at Shippenville and a few others nearby at Red Bandana Winery in Leeper, 13 miles north-east of Shippenville; Foxburg Wine Cellars 14 miles south-west, and Windgate Vineyards & Winery in Smicksburg 30 miles away.
- How much is payable upfront? A 15% transferable deposit is payable when you book, with the balance payable on arrival. Read more
- Does Rustic Acres Campground have a swimming pool? No View all features
- Is Rustic Acres Campground dog friendly? Yes View all features
- What attractions are near Rustic Acres Campground? You'll find weeks' worth of things to do and see around this part of Pennsylvania, including statee parks, fishing, hiking and watersports. For outdoor options, tackle the trails of the Cook Forest … Read more